Chapter 48

Chapter 48

We shared a laugh as Brian carried himself out of the office with the notice to leave his position immediately. He was no longer the Beta of the pack and the news of it was going to spread quicker than any other flame.

I took a glass of crystal water and crouched down in front of Wayne. A gloom spread over his face as he extended and placed his hand over the table, his palm facing toward me. I leaned in and placed mine above his.

"What's wrong?" I questioned upon noticing the excitement had washed over his face and concern grew. It certainly couldn't be about Brian. He deserved whatever he got and he had it coming after the years of torture and bullying he put me and other omega's through.

"He had been with me for four years and not once could I understand his ways of leadership were incorrect." A deep sigh unleashed out of him and he shook his head in clear disappointment. Wrinkles of worry formed in his forehead and his muscles tensed. "Partly, I blame myself for allowing his behaviour to affect others."

"It's not your fault. He's a horrible person and being on the throne beside you was the only wrong decision you took..." I held his hand tighter. "You have to stop letting people control you. They only fear you because you came from a bloodline of Alpha's. They aren't afraid of anything else. You have never instilled fear upon any of us." I explained and he listened to me.

I wasn't wrong.

Not entirely.

Wayne had let people control him. There was a time where I did as well and it was easy. Too easy. But since then, things had changed and after taking the right decision to fire Brian I could only assume that Wayne was finally in control of himself and wasn't allowing anyone else to make decisions for him.

He drew my hand to his lips and kissed it before his eyes connected with mine. "You're too clever, kitten."

"Thank you." I blushed hard. "I'll take that as a compliment."

"It was one." He relaxed back on his seat and took me over his lap.

My hands spread through his face, holding it till he was satisfied. His mouth teased me across my neck and over the mark. His teeth scraped against my flesh and my wolf rattled in response. I had gotten everything I ever desired—my mate and our child was on it's way.

The only one thing that continued to simmer in my heart was the dispute with Mom and Uncle Hawk. While I was making a family of my own, I still wanted to settle things between my old one. And they needed to support me throughout everything rather than ruining it.

Ronald had a clear threat in his words and even when I had poisoned him, Mom couldn't go through the shipment or it was going to create many more issues for us. I had to assure it wasn't going to go through and the only way to do so was to meet her, again.

"Wayne," I whispered, bringing a pause to his endless kisses and bites. "I want to see her."

He stopped immediately and moved back. Lust collapsed from his eyes as he took in my words and questioned, "Why?"

"I have to talk to her. It's necessary." My fingers spread across his neck before lingering over his hair. "Someone has to and I'm sure I can convince her this time. Those men are going to return and they'll come here for war if the poison is in their possession and I don't want to see this pack or this town destroyed." My voice was quiet, soft, almost inaudible but the words went through him and he nodded, agreeing to me.

"Only once." A bolt of worry grew in his glare.

"I promise, only this time."

"And if she doesn't agree?" He questioned.