harem time

SUSIE POV:

"So..." Susie began, suddenly finding massive interest in the loose threads of her torn clothes. Wow, these threads looked like, uh, thread.

Truth was, your stupid idiot dumb loser face had been nagging at the back of her head. Proof that the two of you had hung out for too long. You weren't much of the angel or devil on her shoulder. More of a sleep deprived sentient old sock who gained the ability to talk and just learned what a meme was. Susie didn't realize how often she checked up on you until you weren't there.

She huffed, blowing a piece of hair out of her face. "Have those freaks been... taking care of you?"

"Uhm... I guess."

"They've been doing a pretty bad job if you're injured." She said, eyeing the cuts on your leg. Where did you get those? Susie was unsure if she was allowed to ask that yet.

"Tiring to take care of a chore, I guess." You winced at your own words, turning your head away so she couldn't see the face you were making.

Silence went over the both of you as the Ruddins' awkwardly coughed.

"I didn't mean that." Susie said, her face turning warm from embarrassment. She cringed from you recalling her earlier words. "You're not a chore. Not to me, anyways. I dunno how those nerds feel about you."

"Gee, thanks." You said with a small dry chuckle. "I... I know you didn't really mean it."

Liar.

"Have you been having fun with Lancer?" You asked before Susie could say anything more on it.

"Mhm. He's a nice kid. A bit... Naive. But he's funny." She wasn't interested in talking about Lancer or about any other of the stupid nerds.

But she was scared- No. Not scared. She was scared of nothing. She was just concerned on how you would react if she spoke so bluntly. Oh hey Sloth! The only person who seems to truly like me! Sorry for ditching you! Teehee! Oopsie!

Susie felt the biggest urge to slam her head into a wall. She couldn't believe she was about to do this.

"I'm sorry."

"-I'M SORRY!"

The two of you spoke at the same time. While Susie's came out in a shout and yours in an exhausted sigh.

Susie frowned, shaking her head. "Why are you sorry? I was the one who left you, dumbass."

"I know that, dumbass." You replied, mocking her tone in a lighter manner. "I'm sorry for getting mad at you when I knew you weren't interested in hanging around with us... I feel like I should know better by now."

She felt her heart ache in a weird way.

"You should known better? So you expect that I would just run off without you?"

"You've done it before." You shrugged, now taking her offer to sit down. The chairs were weirdly stiff and you awkwardly shifted around to get comfortable. She probably should've warned you about that. "It's stupid that I'm mad, you're allowed to have other friends."

Susie swallowed thickly. "It's not like I want to leave you. I just don't fit in with them."

You shook your head, hesitant smile on your face. Susie could see it in your eyes. You weren't telling her everything. "I don't think you have to fit in with us. I mean, Kris is always quiet but they're weirdly chaotic. Ralsei is super bashful, but he's super responsible too. And I'm... Me. We don't sound like we would fit in together but it works."