I'm broke but I'm rich in paintings. No literally I'm drowning in them.

Gerard's POV:
"F*ck it". I said and stormed out of my dorm. I don't need a coffee, I need to save my money. Just as I get my keys out to lock the door I change my mind.

"Ahh, f*ck you Gerard." I mumble to myself as I go to fish for some change among the mess of my room. I spot some notes and coins on the desk, hidden under a finished sketch. I slip the coins of my desk counting "One, Two, a nickel and a dime. Enough for a small coffee."

I really suck at saving money, I would take classes on finance management but I can't afford it. Surprise Surprise.

Grabbing my jacket I hurried down to the local cafe.
As I stepped out the large college doors and continued down the stairs I heard someone call my name... "Hey Gerard!" I turned to see Mikey, my younger brother waving.

Like normal, he was wearing his varsity jacket. He was too proud of his spot on the college football team, but hey, he must have been pretty fantastic to play in a college league and still be a sophomore at the local high school. That or the school was desperate, I mean, they gave me a scholarship here...

"What do you want Mikes?" I said as he reached the final step.

"Just wanted to make sure you're coming tonight"

"To what?"

"The game."

"Ah yes, football,my only passion."

"I just want you to come for this one, it's the first game."

"Okay. Just this once."

"Yay! See you at 5:00." He flung himself onto me and wrapped his arms around my neck before running back into the school to get his car from the parking lot.

I got my coffee and once again the barista gave me a dirty look again. She really hates me. Dunno why. Plenty of other people spill coffee on wait staff at cafés. But only I can spill coffee on the cow with more wrinkles than IQ. I sighed. It was the only place with cheap coffee in the area, and guess who can't afford a taxi.

Normally I push my finances to the back of my mind but hey, when I'm not painting it's hard to not let my mind wander.

I decided to finish my coffee back at school, and maybe paint Mikey a little something for the game.

"Sh*t." I said as I stepped outside, it was fu*king windy. My dyed red hair was flowing back from my face and my jacket wasn't doing much to block the wind.

I reached the big wooden doors again. The college was kinda old, made of bluestone an redwood. I liked it, I thought it looked like something out of Harry Potter, with all the stones and tiles.

The dorms were all on one side of the college,and I was lucky enough to not have a roommate, it's actually probably more lucky for my would-be roommate if I think about it, since I live in a paint splattered mess.

I didn't really go around the rest of the school, I mean I didn't need to because I stayed by myself in the art rooms most of the time. But I like being alone,I only had a few art classes each day and one mandatory English each week so my interaction with the student body was limited, but now I'm going to the opening match of the football season, one of the most attended events this semester, huzzah, people....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AN: Well that was it. The first chapter of my fanfic. I don't even know where I'm going with this but if you decide to read it, I'll kiss you. Unless you are a troll. Then you are gross.
- M