Memories

Ophelia stood up and went back to the living room.

“Who is there?” She asked as she unlocked the door.

“Kelly.” She said as she stared at her friend who had a smile on her lips then it slowly turned into a confused one. Ophelia smiled a little looking at her.

“Ain't you supposed to be in Los Angeles, why are you home?” Kelly asked as she came in.

Ophelia sighed and stared blankly at her.

“Something happened?” She asked as she looked at her with skepticism when she got no reply.

“Oh, Kelly, you are here.” Ophelia's mom said as she came into the sitting room.

“Good morning, ma'am.” She said with a bright smile.

“How are you doing?” She asked as she walked over to them.

“Fine, ma'am.” She answered.

“I was thinking Ophelia would be in Los Angeles so I brought you breakfast.” Kelly explained.

The mother and daughter stared at each other and shrugged.

Kelly started arranging the food she brought.

“Hmm, looks delicious.” Ophelia hummed, taking a seat in the small dining room.

“I am a cook in one of the famous restaurants here in Texas, what do you think?” Kelly said, pretending to be angry.

“Oh, please like you are the only one there?” Ophelia said and rolled her eyes. No sooner did they start their bickering.

Her mother just shook her head at their behavior.

“Eat up.” She said, interrupting the bickering.

They both stopped and looked at her then started eating.

*

“So what happened between you and Jeremy because he would not stop calling me to tell you he is sorry?” Kelly said as they started washing the plates they used to eat. They packed them up and clean them.

Ophelia sighed and looked at her friend.

“I caught him cheating on me.” She said and went on to explain how she saw him with another lady he had claimed was just a friend.

“What?! He did all of that?” how dare he?” Kelly exclaimed angrily.

“He has been trying to get to you to apologise, I guess you should not even give it a second thought before breaking up with him.” Kelly said.

“I already did.” She announced and Kelly stared at her with wide eyes.

“Y-you did?” She asked, surprised.

Surprised because her friend was deeply in love with this guy. If anything comes, it's Jeremy this, Jeremy that. If a guy approaches her, she will be like ‘I am already taken'.

“So what are you planning to do?” She asked after a brief silence.

As she was about to talk, she was cut off by Kelly's ringing phone. Kelly dried her hands and brought her phone out of her trousers pocket.

“It is him.” Kelly said and Ophelia turned towards her.

‘Pick it.’ Ophelia said silently.

Kelly nodded and clicked the green button which means answer call.

“Hello.” His voice came in immediately.

“Hi.” Kelly said.

“I have been trying to get through to your friend but it is switched off, can you tell me how she is doing?” He asked with feigned worry. Ophelia's heart skipped at how concerned he was about her.

“She is doing fine and she doesn’t need your help.” Kelly said sternly. Ophelia frowned at her for her response.

‘Be polite at least.’ Ophelia whispered for her hearing alone.

Kelly eyed her and hissed out.

“As I said she is fine and more so you guys are no longer together so why are you worried about her?” kelly asked.

“Please don’t call her from now on and also if I see you close to her, I will break one of your legs.” Kelly threatened. Ophelia smiled at her friend over-protectiveness.

Kelly cut off the call angrily.

“So everything you bought with your earning from victoria's secret has gone to waste.” Kelly said.

Ophelia heaved a deep breath.

“I think I need to go out before I break down again because I feel like I am dying.” Ophelia mumbled.

“Okay, we will go to the saloon.” Kelly said.

“Saloon?” Ophelia questioned with an arched eyebrow.

“Yes, Saloon. Your hair looks like one that has not been cut since years now.” Kelly answered. Ophelia rolled her eyes, she was just trying to build a bold front for her mom but deep down she was sick and weak. She needed help.

~•~

“Hello.” Her tiny voice came through the phone.

“How are you doing, little missy?” Demetrius said with a smile.

“Dimitri, didn't you say you were going to take me to the ice cream bar today?” She asked like she was the older one.

“ohh.. I am sorry, little princess. I will be on my way now.” He said and cut off the call.

“Sorry for the disturbance, please can this meeting be postponed?” He asked as he looked at the board.

Everyone looked at him surprised.

“Sir, we..”

“My younger sister wants me to take her to the ice cream bar now, if I don’t go now, I might not be able to come to the office tomorrow.” He said with menacing eyes. They all sighed at his weird behavior.

One minute, he is that business tycoon and the next one, he is that caring brother and son. Urgh!

He packed up some files and exited the meeting hall. It is his company and he makes the rules there anyways.

He got out of the company and a black limo came right in front of him. The door was opened by one of his bodyguards and he went in.

“Drive as fast as you can.” He ordered with a straight face.

“Yes sir.” The driver said.

*

“Mom, we will be gone for a while.” Kelly announced before closing the door.

“Okay, bye.” Maria shouted from the backyard.

“Bye.” Kelly replied.

“Let's go.” They said.

*

“Ophelia, can you please walk faster? We are almost there.” Kelly said. Ophelia kept dragging her legs on the floor.

“You said you wanted to go out for a while and here you are, going out for the entire day.” Kelly said sarcastically.

“I’m just feel lonely.” Ophelia complained.

“Oh.. my baby, please don’t feel like that. I am here with you.” Kelly cooed.

“Do you know how it feels to have your heart broken?” She asked.

“I never knew it was this painful and moreover I never thought I would be feeling this right now.” She lamented as tears started falling on her face.

“Oh, Ophelia, we are out in the public please don’t cry.” Kelly said.

“What about we go to a club and have a drink since it is Friday.” Kelly suggested.

“Yes, I want to get drunk and forget my sorrow.” She said.

“Like you would.” Kelly scoffed.