𝘴𝘶𝘳𝘱𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘦!

ॱ⋅.˳˳.⋅˙ॱᐧ.˳˳.⋅ઇଓ

you never knew just how much chris relied on you until you weren't around.

chris and his brothers were on tour, and the boy described it like every dream he's ever had mashed up into one big and amazing dream; he was travelling, getting little to no sleep, and spending every waking second meeting people with love in their eyes, and he was happier than you've ever had the pleasure of seeing him be. but, he missed you. oh, how he missed you.
chris would call you right before he fell asleep every single night, which varied depending on where he was in the country, but it was always late. some nights you'd get a call from him when it was midnight, and others at three a.m., but he never forgot to call. and no matter how many times you promised it was okay for him to just get some sleep and talk to you the next day, he refused. he wanted to hear your voice and see your face every night before he closed his eyes.
you missed chris, too- much more than you'd like to admit- but you tried your best to be self-sufficient and handle two months without him. the boy and his brothers tasked you with looking after their place while they were gone, so you moved yourself in for the time being. you brought some of your clothes, but mostly lived in his; you kept things tidy and fed the few plants nick kept in his bedroom; you slept facedown in chris's pillows, wondering how with each night that passed, they still smelled like him. you were getting along just fine- well, you were, for most of the tour. the last two weeks, though, you were starting to go a little stir crazy.
you bounced between your place and his, and you went out for walks and trips to the store and a few hangouts with your friends (that were also chris's friends, and yet another thing to remind you of his absence.) you made yourself busy. but without chris, you were sad. you missed the feeling of his hand on the back of your neck, rubbing little pressurized circles behind your ears to relieve the tension because he always knew when you were too tightly wound. you missed his laugh that blew out your eardrum every time you screwed up your order at the drive-thru window. you missed his nasty attitude when nick and matt took your side, and the time you spent alone trying to get him to not be mad anymore. you missed his brothers, and madi, and you missed him. everything about him.

chris called last night and told you the bus had made it to boston, and him, nick, and matt were on their way home. your chest settled a bit, feeling better knowing he made it to the last stop of tour safely- and also to see the relief on his face that he wouldn't be gone much longer.

when he said, "i wish you were here for this last show," you got an idea.

"i do, too." you replied, "don't worry, you'll see me soon. get some sleep, okay?"

     "okay. i miss you." the boy huffed.

     "i miss you, too. now go."

     "shut up."

once you got him off the phone, you went online and you took a chunk out of your savings and bought a direct flight to boston. the math was risky- you got the earliest flight, which left at six in the morning. you'd rather die than get up that early, but the thought of chris's face was too enticing to ignore. the flight was a little over five hours, so you'd land around two o'clock in boston time; the last show of the boys' tour started at seven, so that gave you five hours to sort yourself out. when you had a plane ticket secured, you sent matt, nick, and madi a text letting them know your plan, and making them promise to keep it a secret; nick promised he would arrange for his parents to come get you at the airport, and you could get ready at their house and come to the show with them. you were surprised at how willing they were to help, but also not surprised at all- if anyone loved you as much as chris, it was his family.

you were so excited you couldn't sleep. chris had called when it was around one a.m. for you, so instead of going to bed, you got to packing.
you knew you could wear three-day-old pajamas and still have chris over the moon, but you wanted to make this special. this was a big day for him, so you wanted to look the part. that led you to the decision of what outfit you'd bring, which was an orange baby doll dress that you bought for his most recent birthday (he raved it was his favorite, not only from the color but because of how pretty you looked in it), a pair of sheer black tights, and your platform boots. you also took advantage of chris's closet and swiped an old jacket that he didn't wear much anywhere- it was a big bomber with the boston red sox logo embroidered on the back. you knew everyone would be decked out in boston gear, so you wanted to hop on that train.
     getting an uber to the airport was a pain in the ass, but you made it there on time, and you rushed through security with your carry-on and straight to the gate. you looked a mess in sweatpants and one of chris's sleep shirts, but you got on the plane with enough time, and that was what mattered. now, you just had to get to boston.