Chapter 7: Receding hairline

My alarm clock blared, waking me up from my peaceful and much needed slumber.

My muscles were still screaming from the new Harsh training regime Gai-Sensei assigned to me a week ago, I was starting to get used to the weight by now.

They felt comforting almost, The feeling of the weight and soft material always made me happy. They surprisingly weren't yellow or some other bright colour, The weights were a nice Charcoal grey, Like Lee's weights the more Chakra you added the heavier they got.

I had to get dressed for the academy, I had gotten new Shinobi wear as I had to be serious now.

Well.... Somewhat serious.

I had ended up ditching the Haruno symbol and red, It was quite literally a target on my back.

My outfit now consisted of a beautiful open charcoal kimono top with long sleeves and a pair of Grey shorts that were connected to a crimson skirt (with slits on the sides for mobility).

I wore a turtleneck sleeveless mesh shirt underneath for my own comfort.The back of the Kimono had a beautiful crimson rose. The rose was actually a seal that I had added on, It was half-assed but I would have time to work on it.

I enjoyed the Idea of mimicking Madara. Thus, I wore armour made with a very light sturdy metal, almost like Aluminum alloy. It was the same crimson red and was shaped to fit my body due to seals, I could adjust the size but never anyone else. I had used the same 

armour material as leg and shoulder protectors.

However, while the outfit was kickass, I felt like I was missing some key object...

A weapon customised to me, A signature weapon that others would recognize me from.

Almost like one of the seven swordsmen of the mist.

I now knew what I would learn.

Kenjutsu.

A style so elegant and lethal, however not many are swordsmen anymore, the only swordsmen I remember in the plot would be Hayate, Yugao, Kotetsu and Izumo. I would probably be able to find Hayate with Yugao with the help of Kakashi. While Kotetsu and Izumo could probably be found at any local food stand.

While I would want to join T&I, I would have to wait until then to meet Anko and Ibiki.

I sighed and rubbed my temples, I looked kickass and I was probably going to be late if I got lost in thought again.

Quickly tying my hair up into a ponytail I slid down the stairs and out the door, leaving an empty house felt odd.

Sakura's parents died in this world, I never really felt an attachment, I would have technically been fine because I was 'too young' to remember them anyways.

I finally arrived at the spot me and Shika met up every morning since the first year of the Academy.

No one there.

I better check that red bridge, it got a lot more screen time than Tenten, plus it was Shikamaru's fifth favourite spot.

"Good morning Shika" I sat next to him on the ledge of the red bridge. I was anxious to be assigned to a team today. Shikamaru gave me a grunt of acknowledgement, I sighed and observed the water below us.

Shikamaru raised an eyebrow at my new outfit, Maybe it was over the top but it wasn't just for show.

"We are getting assigned to teams today, I already know who I'm teamed up with unfortunately."

A comfortable silence fell upon us.

He turned his head to gaze at me, I met his gaze with a smile. I was surprised he wasn't at the usual spot with our Shoji board ready.

"How do you know who you're teamed up with?" He broke the silence, He seemed inquisitive.

"Well, with most teams the worst student is paired with two better students, that way hopefully the worst student will grow under influence of the others."

I rested my head on my knees.

"I've gotten the best grades in our class, If you were serious you would've been at the top"

Shikamaru sighed, I already knew what he'd say

"It's troublesome, I would rather play Shoji or watch clouds with you and Choji"

I blinked.

He blinked.

"Of course" I smiled, a thought came to mind and I let the intrusive thoughts take over.

I reached my hand to his pony tail and gently tugged the hair tie until it slipped out of his hair.

His hair fell to just above his shoulders, it looked silky and soft. He looked at me surprised, a few strands of hair fell in his face and I brushed them away.

His hair was as soft as it looked, I couldn't help but compare the softness of our hair.

My hair was soft but not as soft as his. We stared at each other for a few minutes before he took his hair band and tied his hand back into that tight ponytail.

"You're going to have a receding hairline in your twenties if you continue to pull your hair in that tight ponytail you know" I spoke as I hopped off the rail of the bridge to stand behind him.

I once again tugged off his hair band to retie his pony tail near the nape of his neck, I made sure it was on loose but not loose enough his hair would fall out in battle [Translation: Tight but not too tight]

I stepped away and patted his shoulder.

"All done, feel the difference? Now you won't have to deal with a goofy hairline" I grinned.

"Troublesome... Let's get to the academy" He felt his new pony tail, a small smile formed on his face.

_______

"Your late on your first day of being a ninja" Iruka was disappointed.

"Yes, I am my own Ninja, I do not need to be berated. I have graduated ne? If your going to berate someone about being late, talk to the infamous Kakashi Hatake about time" I snorted at the last part, It slipped out and now I was laughing at my own joke.

Naruto laughed with me so it wasn't too bad.

_____________

I'm gonna leave you guys on a cliffhanger lol

I'm not evil (I promise)

____________