Chapter 2~ Room 428

"if any spirits followed us into room 428, we are here, can you please make yourselves known?" Ryan asks aloud in hopes any spirits could understand him.
"I just saw a fucking shadow go across the room" Colin stated to the camera.
"No you didn't" Ryan replied not fully believing him.
"Yes I did I caught it on camera" Colin claimed defensively.
"If you are here walk up to one of our devices please" Ryan asked aloud. Nothing happened for a bit, until Ryan asked the second time. We all bagan hearing multiple unusual knocks coming from the wall. I quickly looked at River with confusion and unease, it was not hard for him to realize I was becoming more and more on edge as the investigation went on.
Just as Ryan was about to start talking to the camera our REM pod immediately went off.
"They followed us up here" Ryan guessed. He bagan telling the story of the 'Cowboy' who haunted room 428, and how some people have seen him and even a lady waking up in the middle of the night to see him leaning over her. As Ryan told the story I began to feel uncomfortable, hoping that this 'Cowboy' wasn't with us right now. But oh I was wrong to think that he wasn't.
"Wasn't one of the things they said on there shadow?" Colin asked the group. Ryan quickly remembered and agreed. Then our EMF metor started to spike to orange, unlucky for me I was the one closest to it. I slowly moved away from it to make sure I wasn't somehow the reason for it to go off, it couldn't have been me though all of our phones were on airplane mode.
"Where are you in this room?" River decided to ask aloud. No reply. He began explaining aloud to whoever was in the room with us what all of our devices will do if someone touches them.
"My back hurts like hell all of a sudden" Colin leans down trying to ease his pain.
"I was just gonna say that, my back is killing me" Ryan related. Then he had a idea.
"I want to try something, I want all four of us to sit in a circle together and see if we can tune all of our energy together" Ryan explained.
"Let's do it" River replied quicky sitting on the floor, I follow along with him and sit beside him and Wyatt.
As we all sat side by side creating a small circle in the centre of the room Ryan grabs the EVP recorder and began explaining aloud to whatever spirit was with us how to use it. After explaining he pressed record and we all bagan asking questions aloud.
"Are the stories true about the man at the end of the bed who watches people sleep?" Ryan asks first.
"Someone was telling us to avoid coming up here, why? Is it dangerous in here?" Colin asks next.
"Are you the shadow person that everyone sees when they stay in here?" Wyatt asked.
It was now my turn to ask a question next, and god was I feeling uneasy, I looked over to River I knew he could tell exactly how I was feeling, he just nodded and gave me a reassuring smile. It was just enough to hold back my unease and to finally ask my question.
"Do you have good or bad intentions?" I ask aloud trying to sound as normal as possible, I didn't want whatever it was in here with us to know I was feeling a little nervous. Although a big part of me already knew it could feel everyone's emotion in the room. I turn back to River and he quickly gave me the thumbs up, I'm guessing it was because I was brave enough to ask a question.
"The shadow man that's in here, what's your name?" River was the last to ask. Ryan grabbed the EVP recorder and played the whole thing back to see if we catched any evidence. As we all put our concentration into the recording playing out loud we did hear replies to our questions.
"Yes, it's true" the spirit replied to Ryan's question.
"Yeah" it replied back to Colin's.
"Yes" it replied to Wyatt's question.
"Bad" it then replied to my question. We all immediately looked at one another intensely with questioning looks on our faces, but we remained silent to hear the rest of our recording. And just when I thought it couldn't get any freakier I heard the spirits last reply.
"The devil...Cowboy" it answered to Rivers question. Everyone quickly shot up and I immediately tensed up and unintentionally put my hand on Rivers arm.
"Did it seriously just say what I thought it said" I said to River.
"What the fuck" he quietly said.
"For my own sake I just want to listen to that again" Ryan replied, now beginning to sound uneasy himself. As we all silently sat intensely listening to every little word coming from the EVP recorder, every reply we thought we heard at the start was correct. Ryan decided we all do one more recording and ask different questions this time.
"Is there only one spirit here, in this room?" Ryan asks first.
"Could you say one of our names to us? There's Wyatt, Ryan, River, Y/n and Colin, can you say that?" Colin asks second.
"The shadow, can you tell us why your here?" Wyatt gently asked aloud.
It was now my turn to ask a question again and honestly after Colin's question I was too nervous to ask anything so I silently signalled to the guy's I wasn't going to ask a question. Doing that though, they all looked at me with the same concerned look on their face as if to say "are you alright?" I gave Ryan a thumbs up to show him I was fine.
"Whoever's in here do you mean harm to anyone, or are you just here to observe?" River asks. I look down at my lap waiting for Ryan to grab the EVP recorder but surprisingly Colin decided to ask another question.
"I just want to know if this is the cowboy, can you say something like cowboy or hat to let us know that it's you partner". I remained keeping my eyes on the floor as Ryan grabbed the EVP recorder from off the floor and began playing back our recording.
"There is" I hear the spirit answer the first question. In the second question we all heard the spirit say each and every one of our names, just like Colin had asked it to do. My jaw immediately dropped.
"Did it just say all of our names!?" River shouted in shock.
"I heard it!" Ryan replied in the same tone. Me and River look at each other in complete shock.
"Eat something" the spirit replied to the third question.
"I'm here to observe" it answered River's question.
"Oh my God" River said loudly.
"Hello" the spirit replied to Colin's second question. Ryan quickly grabbed the EVP recorder back. We were all amazed by how well this investigation was going.
"That's some good EVPS bro" River exclaimed to his twin.
"They might literally be some of the best ones we've ever got" Wyatt claimed in his normal calm voice. He was not wrong, these were definitely one of the best recordings we've got so far. Ryan played back the recording but played it in fast motion this time. We listened closely to every word being spoken on the recording and agreed that what we heard the first round was the same. While discussing this Ryan immediately points to one of our sensored equipment that was now going off.
"Is that you right there?" River asked the spirit. The equipment beeped once again.
"Wyatt when it beeps slowly like that, it means there standing right behind you" Ryan calmly explained. Wyatt's innocent smile was immediately gone
"Fantastic" he says sarcastically. Wyatt was next to me on my left side, which meant that the spirit had to be between him and I, the thought of that made me decide to move more to my left which was where River was sitting, I was now so close to him our legs were now touching. The boys all laughed at my actions because they knew I didn't want to be that close to a potentially dangerous spirit, especially one that favorites females the most.
"Can you make any of the other devices go off, can you try please?" Ryan asked the spirit. After he had asked that our EMF reader quickly spiked. We all knew it was time to move on to our next experiment. We all slowly arose up from off the floor, Ryan grabbed the Spirit Box and headphones and immediately set up for a estas method session. I sat on the long brown chair Infront of the bed with Colin. And River began explaining aloud to the spirit how we will now be able to hear what it says through Ryan. Colin was the first to ask a question.
"Can you say hello or hi or yes to let us know your here?". Ryan immediately replied through the estas method.
"I see you".
"Wow!" River jumped out of surprise.
"Can you let us know is this the Cowboy?" Colin continued.
"I'm here" Ryan replied. I covered my mouth with my hand not knowing how to react right now.
"It's the Cowboy" Colin stated. He decided to ask another question.
"Did you die here, why are you here?". Just as he finished his question both a knock on the wall and Ryan replied at the same time.
"Summoned....here".
"Where exactly are you in this room" River was now asking the questions.
"Corner" Ryan quickly replied. I unintentionally searched every corner of the room after hearing this.
"By the phone" Ryan continued. I now knew exactly which corner he was referring to and immediately felt my stomach drop. The REM pod that was placed right next to the phone where the spirit apparently was was now going off, I jumped in my seat a little from the unexpected increase of sound in the room.
"It's me" Ryan spoke.
"No way!" River shouted to us.
Ryan then began to move in his seat uncomfortably.
"Oh my God this is scary guy's" he said sounding uncertain about doing this anymore. I started to feel bad for him.
"So you were summoned here, are you human or do you present yourself as human?" Colin asked aloud.
"This is very scary" Ryan complained again. "He's brave for still going on with this" I thought to myself. Just then the EMF metor on the table Infront of Ryan began spiking like crazy.
"I was chained...from hell" Ryan spoke.
We all immediately went quiet for a second and just looked at each other in fear. Wyatt was now shaking.
"Can you say your name again I didn't hear it last time, do you have one" River asked with much uncertainty in his tone.
"No" Ryan replied.
"He's the Cowboy he doesn't have a name" Colin explained. After he said we bagan hearing multiple tapping sounds coming from the wall again.
"What is that?" Colin asked.
"It's coming from in the wardrobe" River pointed to the wardrobe door next too the bed.
"Inside, I'm hiding" Ryan spoke. My jaw and stomach dropped at the same time, I reached my arm out to River who was standing next to me to calm me down. He side hugged me with one arm, his other still holding the camera.
"Can you open that door for us, or is that too much energy for you?" Colin asked aloud pointing at the wardrobe door.
"I open it, this is in a different voice" Ryan explained. He then continued.
"He wants him".
"Who does he want can you give us a name, there's Colin, Wyatt, River and Ryan" Colin explained aloud.
"Who asked?" Ryan replied.
"I just asked, my names Colin, can you give us a name, who do you want?"
"Open" Ryan replies.
"Colin open that door" River asks.
"Okay I'm gonna open this door, what do you want from us?" He says as he's walking to the wardrobe door. As soon as Colin opened the door Ryan spoke.
"Quit playing around". Then the REM pod started to go off again next too the bed.
"Are you in here with us?" River asks the spirit. The REM pod immediately stops. Unexpectedly Ryan freaks out and jumps back in his seat, causing me to jump too.
"That was fucking scary" Ryan shivers.
"What!? Can you hear me?" River replies to his brother. After some time Ryan then explains what happened while still being under.
"Some voice screamed and said in you". We all look at each other in confusion trying to figure out what this might mean.
"I'm there, your body" Ryan spoke.
"I'm so confused" River exclaimed. Colin too was confused on what to do or say, so he tried getting the 'Cowboy' to set off one of our devices if he wanted to possess us, but Colin was now being cocky towards it.
"Fuck you" Ryan replied. I giggled not expecting that to happen. River smiled about the reply.
"What do you want from us man, if we can do something for you right now, what would you want?" Colin asked aloud.
"Eat, feed" Ryan replied. I remained still confused and I can see the others visibly were too. Ryan then shifted uncomfortably in his seat again.
"Face Ryan" Ryan said. We all face Ryan to then see the EMF metor going crazy Infront of Ryan yet again. At this point I'm starting to become really concerned for Ryan.
"Why are you so interested in the women that stay the night in this room?" Colin asks aloud still facing Ryan. His question made me feel uneasy again, not being prepared for what the answers gonna be.
"Easy to feed" Ryan replied. I immediately got up from my seat and stayed behind River, I no longer felt safe being apart from anyone right now so I made sure I stuck close to River.
"Are you okay?" He asked noticing me move to behind him.
"I'm not letting him near me" I whispered. River immediately understood and agreed.
"Puppet...Ryan...I control" Ryan spoke. I immediately got bad vibes from this and was hoping the malevolent spirit was not meaning he was now controlling Ryan.
"So basically what your saying is you like to feed on the women here?" Colin asked. I was now internally praying that Ryan does not say yes, I grabbed onto the side of Rivers hoodie thinking that that would somehow help me. River looked down at me with concern written all over his face.
"Yes" is all Ryan said. River immediately knew how this made me feel, he held onto me with is free arm that he wasn't using to film. It actually helped me relax a bit, I hid my face into his hoodie.
"We're talking too whoever's in here, what if it's an evil entity?" River quietly asked Colin. Before Colin could even reply Ryan did.
"I am". I was listening to every single thing that was going on, I was just refusing to look that's all. Just then our REM pod goes off.
"Look at me" Ryan spoke. I don't know why but I decided to stop hiding my face into River and just man up and continue the investigation, I knew it was nearly over anyways.
"So your over there in the corner huh?" Colin asks while pointing to our REM pod in the corner. The REM pod stopped after he asked. Wyatt began freaking out a little telling us how he had just heard the most unsettling sound.
"Lay down" Ryan spoke.
"Should I lay down on the bed?" Colin asks, but before we could answer him he was already on his way to the bed. Once he got to the bed our REM pod went off again.
"You think your tough" Ryan spoke. Colin made his way onto the bed, laying down on his back.
"Okay buddy what now, what are you gonna do?" He asks the malevolent spirit causing the REM pod to go off yet again.
"I made you lay" Ryan replied.
"Dude this thing does not like you Colin" Wyatt shivered. But Colin seemed to be having too much fun egging this entity on, and I was not enjoying it one bit.
"Yeah what's up you little bitch come on Cowboy, what you gonna do to me?" Colin teased.
"What do you want with Colin?" River asked the spirit.
"To murder" Ryan immediately replied. I began feeling worried for Colin's safety too at this point, I put my hand over my mouth in surprise of the reply. As Colin was explaining how it felt colder on his left side the REM pod that was to his left began to go off. I had no idea what was going to happen because of all Colin's teasing, I was genuinely worried for him. I looked at River in worry.
"Lights" Ryan spoke, I'm guessing referring to the lights on our REM pod. Colin laughed in amazement from this, but I on the other hand was not laughing.
"Speak up" Ryan spoke again.
"Okay buddy I'm right here" Colin replied. River knew I was ready to end this investigation so he decided to ask the spirit some questions quickly.
"Why do you like this room so much?"
"They like it" his twin replied.
"Who does?" River sounded almost done with the conversation.
"Food" his brother replied. Colin tried talking again but the spirit immediately told him to shut up and sleep. He ignored the request and asked his question anyway.
"I'm just curious you said you were summoned here, now were you summoned, was it a ritual was it a guest at the hotel who summoned you?
"Summoned" was the only reply.
"Light this thing up one more time if that's true" Colin requested pointing at the REM pod. The REM pod went off once. This spirit or entity was definitely very intelligent.
"No fucking way" River exclaimed.
"You happy?" The spirit replied. Colin tried again to talk with the spirit but it just told him to leave.
"I did it" Ryan spoke.
"What did you do?" Colin asked.
"Extreme violence... Murder" he replied. I looked at River again with unease, he tried to give me a reassuring look back.
"Is there anything else you want us to know about yourself?" Colin asked politely this time.
"Explosion" the spirit replied.
"Yo what if he was the one that turned on the gas?" River asked.
"Turned it on" Ryan replied back. We were all amazed that we just got our confirmation.
"Fire" Ryan spoke again.
"Dude no fucking way" River was in amazement.
"I am the Devil" Ryan spoke.
"Oh god" I signed. The REM pod goes off again next to Colin.
"Proof... Now go" Ryan spoke.
"I think we should end it now" I told the group.
"Yeah let's end it" River immediately agrees and goes to tap his brother on the arm to signal him to get out of the estas method. Ryan jumped not expecting his twin to be pulling him out already.
"That scared the fuck out of me" Ryan says in a serious tone.
"That was the most insane estas method we've ever filmed" Wyatt stated.
"Really?" Ryan replied confused. He clearly didn't remember most of the words he said through that method tonight.
"That was unbelievably spooky" Colin admits to Ryan.
"Well no shit it had me hiding behind River most the time" I sarcastically yelled. The boys laughed but it made Ryan even more confused. River turned off the camera for now.
"Alright are we almost ready to end the video?" River asked his twin.
"Yes I would just like to thank the spirits first before we end it" he explained. We all agreed and continued recording again. Ryan thanked all the spirits who were with us tonight and tried to help them find a way to move on and go to the light. After our acknowledgements the twins finally did there outro and shoutouts to us like usual. When they finished recording they came back to us.
"Guys this is definitely one of the best investigations we've ever done" Ryan proudly said.
"Yeah definitely it made me hide like a baby" agreeing in laughter, Ryan joining in.
"I feel like the more we do these videos the more experienced we get" Ryan explained. We all agreed.
"God can we get out of here now" I sarcastically complained. The twins laughed "yes absolutely let's get out of here guys!" Ryan ordered. Ryan's always been like the leader, but I never complain it's a good role on him. We returned the two keys that belonged to the rooms we booked that night, thanking the staff members and leaving the hotel pleased. The ride back home was mostly quiet since we were all exhausted from the long night. Wyatt and Colin were already fast asleep either side of me in the back seat, and I wasn't far off from joining them. River finally arrived to Colin's house to drop him off. The twins who were both sitting in the front seat look back and laugh. I giggled a little about Colin's sleepiness but decided to lightly shake him to wake him up.
"Colinn, hey sleepy head" I tease attempting to wake him, I successfully succeed.
"Huh? Oh shit" he retreated loudly. We all laugh, causing Wyatt to now wake.
"Goodnight Colin!" We all call out as he departed.
"Are we home yet?" Wyatt sleepily asks.
"Almost buddy!" River replied.
Wyatt took no time to quickly fall back asleep again. The ride home was moderately quiet, the only think breaking the silence was the radio playing quietly.
"So y/n" Ryan started, I look at him waiting for him to finish his question. He seemed unsure of whether to ask it or not l, and for some reason this made me feel slightly on edge. Ryan's never been one who's scared of asking questions.
"Why did you end up hiding during the investigation, when I was doing the estas method?" He finished his question. I was relieved it wasn't something serious.
"I was afraid the spirit was going to try and control you" I quietly answered. Ryan looked a bit sad from this, and I started to question whether or not I should of even answered in the first place.
"I'm sorry that worried you y/n" Ryan apologized in a serious tone. "I'm glad he didn't control me" he smiled causing all the tension to disappear. I tried to relax in my seat and endure the next couple of minutes we had left in the car. I look into the small mirror facing me from the front seats and notice River looking at me, I take notice of it and he just gives me a reassuring smile then continues looking at the road. River is a really sweet man, he's always been kind to me since we met in our senior year of high school. And I'd be a fool if I didn't admit I was greatful to have both him and Ryan in my life. I continued my daydreaming of how unbelievably greatful I was for both of the twins.
"We're finally home!" Ryan celebrated, causing me to snap out of my transe.
(We live with the twins and Wyatt).

"Hmm.. oh thank God" Wyatt replied slowly waking up.
I don't hesitate getting out of the car, I quickly walk to the front door waiting for River to unlock the door.
"Ladies first" he smiles.
"Thanks Riv" I giggle and make my inside. "Would you like me to help unpack anything Ryan?" I ask politely.
"No don't worry about it y/n me and River got this, you go off to bed" he kindly smiles.
"Alright goodnight guy's goodluck with editing tomorrow" I say as I walk to my room.
"Night y/n" they reply in unionism.