Chapter 3~ Absolute Children

*bang!*
I immediately jolted up from my sleep hearing a loud unexpected bang. I checked the time on my phone hoping it was morning and not some paranormal activity going on in the house, knowing the boys I'm never really surprised if they have a ghost up their asses.
*7:35am*
My phone read, the brightness of it hurting my tired eyes. I quickly got out of bed to check what the sound was, just in case one of the boys got hurt or something. I cautiously open my door to see River surprisingly laying Infront of my door, he quickly looked up at me and began laughing. I on the other hand had never been more confused in my life, then again River's always been a confusing guy.
"What the hell happened?" I asked the twins slightly worried. Ryan then began laughing along with his brother.
"Don't worry he was just being a idiot on the skateboard and fell" Ryan explained while still laughing. I look back down at River who was still laying Infront of me.
"You scared the shit out of me I thought it was a ghost or something" I sighed. The twins laughed at my comment. River put both his hands up in defense.
"Sorry" he apologized and finally recollected himself off of the floor, grabbing the skateboard he had just fallen off of. I accept Rivs apology and make my way into the kitchen to join Ryan.
"Where's Wyatt?" I ask confused, Wyatt is usually the first out of all of us to wake up.
"I think he's still asleep, I haven't seen him yet" Ryan replied slightly confused also. It was a rare sight to see Wyatt be the last one to wake up, but I can't blame him last night's investigation must of drained him.
"We should skate to McDonald's" River happily suggests while joining Ryan and I in the kitchen.
"We have a car Riv, why would you want to skate there?" Ryan asked amusingly confused.
"Skatings funner" he replied with his usual cheeky smile.
"Your an asshole your gonna make me skate in the cold aren't you?" Ryan chuckled at his twin. River gave a confirming smile back.
"alright we'll skate there" Ryan sighed in defeat. I giggled at the scene thinking it was pretty cute, brotherly love am I right?.
"Y/n do you want to join us?" Ryan turned back to me.
"You know I'd never turn down McDonald's" I smirked and quickly jogged to my room to collect my skateboard.
The twins were the ones who taught me how to skate when I first moved in with them, and god am I glad, being able to ride a skateboard had always been one of my little goals I wanted to achieve as I grew up, and thanks to Ryan and River I successfully achieved that goal. I joined the twins outside and we bagan skating to the direction of the nearest McDonald's. Ryan wasn't wrong it was quite cold that day, but it wasn't anything I couldn't handle.
We finally arrived after what felt like ages. River was clearly excited that he got to skate and grab some food with us, he did not hesitate to go through those doors. Ryan and I look at each other and just laugh about his brother's eagerness.
The temperature changed from outside to McDonald's was pleasing, and I was not going to complain about leaving any time soon, then again I don't think River was either because the next think I knew River was most definitely making himself comfortable in the childrens playground they had in stored at McDonald's. I chuckle and hid my face with both hands at the sight. Not long after his brother joined him.
"I can't believe these two" I thought to myself and continued giggling at the two adult men that were now acting like 5 year olds.
Not long after one of the workers had finally delivered our meals to the table, Ryan and River were still chilling in the playground and I had no idea when they were intending to come out. I sigh and decide to bring their meals to them instead.
"Here kids" I joke aloud as I got to the playground. River got excited and immediately came out of the playground, his brother following behind. I just laughed at them with nothing more to say.
"What? It's fun in their" Ryan responded innocently with a cheeky smile.
"Y'all are absolute children" I chuckled, the twins joining in.
"I kinda feel bad for getting McDonald's without Wyatt" I say breaking the laughter.
"Yeah me too" Ryan agrees.
"Maybe I should go and order something for him" I suggest, now feeling guilty.
"Aw your such a sweet friend " Ryan teased me in a baby voice. I roll my eyes at him and return to the front counter to buy some lunch for Wyatt. Poor guy it's not like him to sleep in, I hope that by surprising him with some McDonald's will make him feel better. I waited by the counter until one of the workers handed my order to me, I thanked them and quicky reunite back to the twins.
We finally finish lunch and agree it's time to ride back home. The temperature change from warm to cold was not very nice though.
"Fuck me I forgot how freezing it is out here" I complain trying to warm myself. Dumbass me obviously forgot to bring a jumper.
"Here" I turn and see River offering me his long black coat, I felt bad if I accepted because one, he would now get cold and two, he absolutely loved that coat, he wouldn't let anyone wear it him and Ryan both wear them it's kinda like their signature look in a way.
"Are you sure Riv? Your going to get cold" I explained. But he didn't seem to care about this.
"I'm sure just take it" he quickly responded and was now putting the coat on for me.
"Thanks Riv" I laughed a little but continued to feel guilty the whole ride home.
When we arrived back at the house each one of us rushed to get inside to avoid the cold. Although I will admit Rivers coat definitely prevented me from getting any colder.
"Ah thank God we're back" Ryan sighed in relief and immediately ran to the lounge where he then wrapped himself up like a fucking burrito in his blanket. I thanked River for offering me his coat and returned it back to him, now it was time for me to check on Wyatt and give his McDonald's to him. I carried the bag of food and made my way to his room.
*Knock *knock*
"Wyatt are you awake" I asked softly on the other side of his door.
"Yes, come in" I heard him reply in his normal soft voice.
"Hey, you all good? You've been in your room all morning" I politely ask while sticking my head through the door.
"Yeah I'm feeling better now sorry if I worried you, it's just last night really drained me" Wyatt explained but remained smiling.
"Yeah I thought that may have been the case, I brought you some lunch" I slowly raised the McDonald's bag up to show Wyatt.
"Aw man thank you, you didn't need to do that" he smiled some more and grabbed the bag from me.
"It's all good it was Rivers idea to go to McDonald's anyway, I just felt bad getting some without you" I shrugged. Wyatt thanked me once again and I left to join Ryan in the living room, who was still indeed wrapped up like a burrito.
"Is he all good" Ryan asks, referring to Wyatt.
"Yeah he's good" I gave a reassuring smile.
"So Riv and I have been talking about doing another Skinwalker episode tomorrow" Ryan began to explain.
"Oh god and where are we planning on going for this Ry" I ask acting like it was a painful question.
"Believe it or not there is a very popular spot for Skinwalkers and just overall paranormal experiences" he paused for a second to see if I was still paying attention, I certainly was.
"It's by a lake that Riv and I use to go to when we were kids" he finished with a proud smile.
"Wow what a coincidence" I was genuinely surprised how close to home this case immediately became for the twins.
"Yeah I know right, I just recently found out!" Ryan did seem excited about this. I giggle and agree to help him with our now new upcoming episode.