SEVEN

DAISY

DAISY

Panic sets into my veins as scary thoughts cloud my brain. Kevin going through so much torture is all I can see in front of my eyes. He's just a sweet young boy. Just fifteen.

I hear the door open behind me and I turn around to find Marcelo with a cigar between his lips as he sets a chair outside and sits. I don't even think of the consequences anymore as I kick his chair and send him falling down but he's quick to get back on his feet. He throws the cigar and comes at me, "Do you really wanna die today?" I push him hard, "What the fuck did you whisper in Zane's ear? What the fuck did you do?!" He grabs my wrists and pins me on the cement wall, the back of my head taking the hit badly that I hiss but I don't care. I use my legs to kick him in the shin but he crosses my arms and sets them against my chest and yells at me, "Calm the fuck down!"

"I don't want to calm down! What did you tell Zane that made him give Kevin away?!"

"Calm the fuck down first!"

I close my mouth, breathing like a dragon and knowing damn well I will not calm down. I'm too pissed and hurt. He says, knowing full well I won't attack yet, "That man that came for your brother, stay away from him. He's bad news."

"Why? Do you know him personally?"

"No, but I've heard of him."

One thing about Marcelo is that has the ears of a bat. Knows every rumor that goes on the street to protect himself and Zane. And occasionally protect the girls in the club. I grit my teeth, "How the fuck do you know him?"

"I saw him that night in the club. I know about the little game you and Bobby like to play to attract rich folks. He took the whisky, so he intrigued me. I asked around about him. Man is a scorpion. You take his shit and he will kill you. I don't know what you did to piss him off but get one damn thing through your head." I knew what was coming next and I didn't want to hear it, "Forget about your brother. Focus on your work. Zane has been planning to let you out sooner than you think now. Work hard on saving shit if you want to have a life outside the club. Rest is up to you." Then he spits near my boot and walks away. Picking up his cigar and walking back inside the door.

I hear the engine of a car that is just too familiar and hear the screech of the tire. I looked at him with teary eyes as he looks back at me with wide ones. Bobby. He gets out of the car and makes his way to me, "Why the fuck are you back?" I burst into tears, "Bobby, I fucked up. They- they took Kevin." He holds me to his chest, "Who took Kevin?"

"T-that man. He came for Kevin. I don't know what to do."

"This is crazy, Daisy." Bobby says as he runs his fingers through his thick silver hair, "We can't let Jenny know." I gulp and sniff, "I failed to protect him, Bobby."

"Don't you say that! We will find him, alright?"

"I don't know where to even start. I don't know his name or what he is or who he is that got Marcelo whispering shit in Zane's ear."