ELEVEN

DAISY

DAISY

My limbs felt like they will fall apart in a matter of seconds if I try to get up from this bed. My throat hurt. I felt cold but I know my skin was burning, and my back was covered with sweat. I peeked at the window above my head and everything was dark, including the room I was in.

I stretched my neck to get rid of the ache and hissed when my left ear rubbed against the pillow. Why does it hurt?
I sit up and my head felt dizzy in an instant, the back of my right hand hurt.
I touched my hand and there was something like... IV.
Everything came crashing down. I was in Carmelo's house. The bastard threw a knife at me!

Kevin.

I pull out the needle and stand up, directly going to my knees in seconds. I have no strength in my lower body.
My eyes finally adjusted to the room and I get back up with the help of the bed, taking my steps slowly to what I could figure out was a door. I open it and the lights turn on instantly.

It was the bathroom. Fancy. A bathtub right in the middle, a shower stall on the far left, and the sink on the far right. Fresh towels folded neatly on the basin of the sink and a bath gown hung outside the stall of the shower door.
I make my way to the sink, turn on the tap and wash my face. Even take a couple of sips of the water and then look up. My face was swollen, I could barely open my eyes. I turn my head to the right and gasp. I tap on the touch button of the mirror and the light brightens. The peak of my ear was stitched up with black thread.

I'm gonna kill him.
I will ruin his life.

I march out of the bathroom, not caring how my head felt light with the sudden movement, and saw the door. I open and walk out. There, both of them sat on the couch downstairs.
I yell, "You!" He's the first one to look up at me. Then does Kevin. My brother even stands up but that man sits back with a cool expression on his face. I skip down the stairs, almost falling, but I steady myself and march to the couch area. My brother wants to come and hug me but I gently push him and walk to that man, "You little bitch," he stands up instantly with my choice of words, "I will kill you." I stalk even closer, "Motherfucking bastard!"

That last yell has me seeing blur and I trip, but he breaks my fall. I slump against his stomach, he has his arms hooked under mine. I look up and he looks down with the most boring expression in the world, "Top of the night to you too, grumpy." I put my hands on his chest and push myself off him. My brother is by my side, hands around my waist, holding me up straight as I spew words at this man, "You fucking shit! You're a motherfucking sadist, asshole prick!"

Kevin tells me, "Daisy, calm down." I ignore him and keep cussing, "Cunt shit!" That gets him to raise a brow behind his thin silver-rimmed glasses. My chest rises and falls heavily and I breathe harshly through my mouth as if I just ran a marathon.
His eyes look down from my face to my chest, to Kevin's hand around me, to my feet, and then he locks them on something.