Chapter 16

I got lazy with titles

***

"Susamaru I'd like to tell you this, the way you do things are very childish I'd prefer if you didn't use that temari ball to get dust on my clothes." Yahaba said gritting his teeth while brushing the dust off of his clothes.

"Oh be quiet, thanks to my temari ball we found them right away, oh and your kimono isn't dirty you're just.. too fussy." Susamaru retorted back, throwing her temari ball up and down.

Creeeaaak

'Well shit..' Barrow immediately regretted his choice of action of attempting to move quietly with Cale.

"Your a thousand years old and you still can't master stealth which is a little crazy to me but ok." Cale whispered piercing Barrow with his blunt words.

"Kahahaha!! I found you all!" Susamaru laughed gleefully looking at the hole in the wall she had made revealing the three redheads.

"That demon is Muzan's-" Cale tried to alert the others but was cut off by Susamaru's temari ball.

"Guys- the demons here seems to be M-"

Whoosh! Thwack!

"Kahahaha! This is so much fun!" Susamaru laughed throwing a temari ball right into Yushiro's head, cutting Cale off once again. Barrow swore he could see a vein popping on the top of Cale's forehead.

"This is not good.." Barrow mumbled to himself looking at Cale give a very grumpy expression.

"Nezuko! Bring the woman asleep to somewhere safe now!" Tanjiro shouted in urgency to Nezuko, who hastily ran back inside to the front of the house.

Running in front of Tamayo to protect her Tanjiro got into a ready stance, ready to attack her.

"Be careful, she seems different from the other demons we fought." Barrow said casually walking next to Tanjiro, yawning.

"Don't bother protecting me, we are demons after all.." Tamayo said looking at Yushiro's chopped off body who was slowly regenerating.

(Wind ancient powers are at it again)

'I should just stay here, slack off and watch them fight.' Cale thought relaxing and laying underneath the pile of wood. 

Cale ignored how uncomfortable it was. At least he can survive it's better than, hiding inside a dirty cave with nothing to eat and monsters roaming everywhere.

"Hmm, where's the person with earrings with hanafuda earrings?" Susamaru looked at Tanjiro and Barrow in confusion, clearly Muzan said a boy with short red hair and hanafuda earrings so how come why isn't there anyone here with hanafuda earrings?

'She's after me?- No that means she's after Cale now if she sees him!' Tanjiro realized frantically looking around.

***

"Tanjiro!" Cale called out running up to Tanjiro, waving his hand to catch Tanjiro's attention.

"Oh! Cale, what do you need? We're still waiting for Tamayo, if you want something here I could get it for you." Tanjiro asked smiling innocently or like a main character according to Cale.

"Uhmm... That you see.. would it be possible for me to try on your earrings?" Cale asked looking up at Tanjiro with an embarrassed but innocent look.

"Of course you can Cale!" Tanjiro said beaming with happiness, Cale almost thought he went blind.

"Really? Thank you!" Cale said copying Tanjiro happy expression, clasping his hands in delight.

***

"Hmm, whatever I'll deal with you guys first and then... Go after the boy with hanafuda earrings!" Susmaru yelled stopping midway to throw a temari ball making it go in every direction.

"Ugh-" Tanjiro tried to slice the ball but it went through his sword before flinging into another location.

Thwack! The temari ball hit the left side of the house right next to the pile of wood. 

The damage and pressure of the ball made it so that the house began to vibrate even more causing more wood and debris to fall from the ceiling.

Cale who was underneath the pile of even more wood now felt irritated because of he's not bleeding on his forehead and his head hurts even more now.

"This is so annoying... I always somehow have to get hurt." Cale mumbled in irritation now getting up from underneath to pile of wood.

"Hoh? So this is the boy with earrings lord Muzan was talking about?" Susamaru asked looking in amusement, walking closer to Cale lifting his chin up who just stayed silent and stoically stared at her.

(This'll probably escalate quickly...)

"What are you doing- we need to save Cale-" Tanjiro whispered to Barrow who was dragging Tanjiro outside leaving Cale alone with Susamaru.

"He knows what he's doing." Barrow whispered back to Tanjiro making eye contact with Cale who just smiled at him.

"Well, why don't you answer me and how about you stop smiling and giggling?" Susamaru asked before slapping Cale who was smiling and chuckling Susamaru.

Cale smiled and then replied with a sinister smile, "Ah, sorry my bad I was just laughing at your stupidity, but like the audacity to cut me off two times and then make a pile of wood and debris fall on top of me and then slap me?" 

"What..?" Susamaru was at a loss of words at Cale's sudden change of personality who went from a quiet boy to whatever this was.

Cale reached his hands out and grabbed Susamaru's arms before using the fire of destruction on her arms.

Plop, two of Susamaru's arms fell down right after Cale used the fire of destruction on her.

"Ah...? AGHHHH!" Susmaru fell down to the ground trying to regenerate her arms back but failed to do so.

"What... What the hell did you do to me?!" Susmaru asked screaming at Cale who was just staring her with a cold and stoic facial expression who looked like he had no cares for the world as if he was able to stop a war in a few years.

"What? I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do it that softly. But who's fault was it for disturbing my peaceful time?" Cale asked unleashing dominating aura enough to make her shiver in fear but not enough to kill her from the pressure.

'What the hell...? Is this why lord Muzan asked us to eliminate him, because he's too strong? Did he already know that's why he sent us?' Susamaru thought for a second still lowering her head due to the pressure from Cale's ancient power.

"Well, looks like you only have two arms left now, how sad." Cale said sighing, crossing his arms in disappointment.

"How did you know that-" Susamaru tried asking but was cut of by Nezuko kicking her hard from the side, flinging her outside the house.

'Oh... wow..! Remind me to never mess with her, she's so vicious.' Cale thought watching Nezuko chase after Susamaru right who had just gotten up, barely regenerating her arms.

***

Wow.. Sorry for ghosting this fanfic, I was writing a fanfic for honkai star rail and had final exams as well.