15

"What a surprise to meet you here, ma'am Jackson

"What a surprise to meet you here, ma'am Jackson." Athena turned to the voice, who was no one other than her favourite person, wearing his grey cardigan. "Lupin." The smile that he loved so much formed on her face. "I thought we talked about you doing patrol." The man said while finding his way in front of her. "Well, I can walk. So there's no-" "And what if someone would attack you? You wouldn't be able to defend yourself." She looked up into his eyes, her eyebrows crunching together. "You think I wouldn't be able to defend myself? I am a witch, Remus. Maybe not one of the strongest, but clearly strong enough to win against a dementor or Sirius Black." Her voice had a hint of anger now, not believing that he would think of her like that. "You're right. I was just worried, darlin'." The nickname that left his mouth made her knees weak and he knew. "I know." He bended forward and placed a soft kiss on her lips, causing blush to creep up on her cheeks, before the two continued walking along the hallway.

"Go on." The familiar voice of Severus Snape made them stop in their tracks, both turning their heads at the same time in the direction it came from. Remus lifted a finger, directing her to keep quiet. Slowly they both made their way, trying to be as quiet as possible. "And request he keeps his large nose out of other people's business." Harry's voice joined in. "You insolent, little-" "Professor!" Remus stepped into their field of vision, Athena hanging at the end of her hand, slightly widened eyes, unsure of his actions. Snape turned around, his lightning wand shining directly into her face, causing her eyes to hurt. "Well, Well, Lupin. Out for a little walk in the moonlight, are we?" The grip around her hand tightened, only showing that his words must hit a nerve. "And Athena. Good Evening." Remus stepped further, his gaze now directed on the young boy behind Snape. "Harry, are you all right?" "That remains to be seen." The black haired professor snatched a piece of paper out of Harry's hands. "I have now just confiscated a rather curious artifact from mister Potter. Take a look." Athena took the paper before Remus was able to, smiling at the words written on it after she casted Revelio.

Messrs. Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs offer their compliments to Professor Jackson and say she looks very good tonight.

"Supposed to be your area of expertise. Clearly, it's full of dark magic." "I seriously doubt it, Severus." She answered, her head now turning up and giving it to the man to her right. "It looks as though it's a parchment designed to insult or compliment anyone, who tries to read it. I suspect it's a Zonko product." The female professor continued, an innocent smile on her face. "Nevertheless, I shall investigate any hidden qualities it may possess. It is, after all, as you say our area of expertise." Remus now spoke, folding the paper back together after reading it. "Harry, would you come with us, please? Professor, good night." With that the three stepped away, leaving Snape standing in the dark hallway.

~~~

"Come in." Lupin opened the door to the classroom, Athena stepping in first. "Alright. I haven't the faintest idea how this map came to be in your possession.. but quite frankly, I  am astounded that you didn't hand it in." He spoke, stepping nearer to the desk where she already sat on, listening to the whole conversation. "Did it never occur to you that this, in the hands of Sirius Black... is a map to you?" "No. No, sir." He stepped nearer, Harry looking down. She couldn't make out what he felt, but she assumed it was regret. "Your father never set much store by the rules either. But he and your mother gave their lives to save yours. Gambling their sacrifice by wandering the castle unprotected... with a killer on the loose seems to me a poor way to repay them! Now, I will not cover up for you again. Do you hear me?" Athena's mind wandered back to the words he said. He was just worried. "Yes, sir." "I want you to return to your dormitory and stay there. And don't take any detours. If you do, I shall know." Harry stepped away, so did Remus, not facing the woman who still sat on the table, tired. "Professor, just so you know, I don't think that map always works. Earlier on, it showed someone in the castle. Someone I know to be dead." Suddenly Harry spoke up, causing Remus to turn again to him. "Oh, really? And who might that be?" "Peter Pettigrew." His eyes widened. Athena knew that he knew him, the man who tried to stop Sirius, the man from whom they only found a single finger. "That's not possible." "It's just what I saw." Harry stepped out of the room. "Good night, professors."

"You and your friends were the ones who created the map, or?" Athena spoke up, causing Remus to finally look at her. He looked down quickly again, only answering her question with that as a yes. "Look, I'm sure there's a deeper story behind all of that. But, you know you can tell me." Lupin's head turned up again, love in his eyes. "I-" "But, I'm sorry to say this, but please, just don't raise your voice at me." A hint of hurt was in her eyes. He knew behind them was also a deeper story.

"Only if you tell me your story afterwards."