09.

"I can't take it anymore

"I can't take it anymore... If I don't have Nancy I'm gonna kill myself."

The boys of Welton sat gathered together in the cave where they've been meeting at for almost a month now during the afternoon of their boring weekend. As per usual Meeks and Pitts worked on their radio any moment they got, Cameron was boasting about his chemistry scores, Todd was watching the events of his friends' lives unfold, Knox was thinking about Nancy, Charlie somehow found another thing to entertain his friends with, and Neil was finding any excuse to get to rehearsals early. The never felt closer than before, and even dead Todd felt as if he had his own place in the band.

The boys were conversing with one another, smoking cigars as they waited for Neil who somehow found a lamp to claim as the "God of the Cave" once he arrived. Charlie, somehow finding his old beret and snagging a saxophone from the music room had just finished his performance for the boys despite the agony Knox was marinating in.

He hadn't seen her since the last time he tried finding her at school in fear of being caught or even in fear of her getting caught. He knew the rules and any other single sex school student would know it too. Boy or girl.

The boys all looked at him suddenly, cigar poking out of their mouths as Charlie spoke first, "Knoxious, you've gotta calm down."

Smoke was starting the fill the cave up quickly and soon there was a foggy lens before the friends' eyes. Knox, so down in the dumps, replied harshly, "No, Charlie. That's just my problem" he scoffed to himself, before looking up "I've been calm all my life. I'm gonna do something about that," he nodded sneakily to them with a grin on his face, pushing himself off the ground and rushing to leave.

Neil, with the God of the Cave in his hands took his cigar out, "Where are you going?"

"What are you gonna do?" Charlie asked too.

Knox turned around with a devilish smile plastered on his face, "I'm gonna call her," he laughed maniacally.

The boys looked between each other before muttering and sounding off their own replies, also pushing themselves off from the ground to follow their love struck friend. Pitts was the first out the door when Charlie started to play his saxophone humorously again but soon the other boys were right behind him.

At Henley Hall, Nancy moaned from Anais's bed, laying with her legs at the wall and with her head hanging from the bed's edge with Anais sitting by her side. Meanwhile, Madeline sat on the other side of the room at her desk, jotting down anything that could come to her.

"I wish Knox did theater," she huffed, holding a notebook above her face as the blood rushed to her head, "I wish I could just see him again - I can't get his stupid face out of my head!" she groaned

Anais laughed, "Maybe we should all take turns in Madeline's spot for a day so we know what its like to have some boy wait for you," she teased.