11.

Nancy Rogers couldn't necessarily explain how exactly the night came to be

Nancy Rogers couldn't necessarily explain how exactly the night came to be. All she was able to configure in such a small amount of time was that Knox was laying on the floor with a bloody nose being tended to by the famous theater Puck boy who was coincidentally his good friend.

His other friends however were scattered around the house. One of the red headed boys was just a few feet away agape at what just happened. The other one was just barley taking care of his drunk tall friend despite being almost just as drunk. Knox's flirty look alike was last seen pestering her best friend, Anais, in a corner. And most especially, Todd Anderson was somehow in her house... at this party.

When she mentioned him bringing his friends, she hadn't expected the sort at all. Nor, did she expect for her home to be packed with almost sixty people whom she met just this night. 

Her plan was simple yet it somehow became complicated.

Having already accidentally invite Knox to a fake party, all she had to do was get a real party going. She had absolutely no experienced in hosting a party let alone having more than ten of her friends over at once for something other than a sleepover of just girls but she was determined to be a tricky foolish girl than a lonely foolish one.

Nancy's first few steps were already executed within themselves. She had the place, being her house, and she had the time set and the away parents. All she needed really was the people. 

Having half of, if not, all of Henley Hall sneak out or gone home for the weekend was a one way ticket to the destination of troubled stupidity and Nancy knew she was smarter than that, even if she wanted them all to come. But it wouldn't make sense anyways, she had no clue how many boys Knox was going to bring and she didn't want to be competing for his attention with the rest of the inexperienced and attention craving ladies of her school. Being one of them she knew how it felt to even be noticed by a boy, but she was at least composed. 

A few common Ridgeway High faces appeared at her front door half an hour after the time she specified and for the rest of the remaining hour, she started to freak out. All of them were mainly girls and she specifically asked them to invite some boys they knew. Of course she forgot they too barely talked to them as well. 

After hiding any sort of valuable item of the first floor in a spare closet upstairs, Madeline immediately made her way down to the distraught blonde who was being consoled by the laid back Anais. Although, she was a bit more pressing than consoling. 

"Oh come on Nance, it's fine!" Anais threw her hands up, "People don't show up to parties till later..." she explained, lifting her shoulders. 

Nancy shook her head, her posture clearly expressing how troubled she felt, "Anais - if Knox walks through that door right now I'm going to be single for the rest of my life!" she exclaimed, groaning into her hands. 

Anais narrowed her eyes, knowing very well Knox Overstreet was not going to be showing up at Nancy Rogers's house at the hour of seven nor eight o'clock. She couldn't recall a time Charlie was ever able to sneak out before his curfew since they check rooms but even thinking of him for a second had repulsed the brunette. She shook her head, not just to reject Nancy's alterations but also to expel the idea of that smug brown haired boy out of her head. 

Madeline made way beside Anais, glancing at the scattered seven girls around the house who seemed to just be talking with one another, "I knew this was a bad idea," she started, "I told my parents I was sleeping over because your goldfish died y'know?" 

Nancy shook her head excessively and Anais perked up, "Girls - calm down... It's only what? Seven forty," she glanced at the old grandfather clock, "We have all the time in the world and, I, am gonna make out with a boy tonight."

Madeline scoffed, snickering, then letting out a light laugh as Nancy was too busy worrying about Knox to even react, "I'm not kidding!" Anais grumbled, "I'm gonna make out with someone tonight."

Just then the doorbell had rung, startling Nancy as her eyes began to widen, "Oh my god, what if that's him?" she exclaimed quietly, glancing at the figured that stood behind the glass panes of the door, "I'm done for..." she moved to try to glance out the door from her spot but felt almost too scared to even get close to the door. 

All the girls in the house glanced at the door in hope, smiles appearing like dominoes between them as they began to share cheeky looks. Madeline and Anais glanced at one another, and eventually after being begged by Nancy to open the door because she wanted to fix herself in the bathroom Madeline finally had the honors. 

Nancy ran up to the bathroom as Madeline moved to open the front door as the doorbell rang over and over. Immediately meeting the sight of Chris Noel and her boyfriend Chet Danburry, Madeline's eyes darted to the crowd of teens behind them to which she couldn't find the end to. 

A wave of relief washed over her but was replaced suddenly by some paranoia, "Hi, you must be Madeline," Chris spoke between the small hushes of the kids behind her, "Uh, I'm Chris, Chris Noel and this is-"

Chet interrupted her, "Party!" he rumbled, and almost the rest of the Ridgeway football team cheered behind him causing the group to push into the home quickly. 

Giggles, shouts, excited screams, and laughs started to erupt from the kids as they all rushed into the house. Madeline stepped out of the way as she watched the red of the football team's jackets flash by followed by a series of girls and boys that she couldn't even count if she could. All she knew was that within a matter of seconds the house began to crowd at the door and the music began to beat just a little louder as the house's atmosphere shifted. 

Ginny Danburry herself even passed by, sending the pair of girls a small awkward smile as the football team began to chant something about the kegs they had in the kitchen. 

Anais brushed closer towards Madeline who stared at the first floor of the house in shock, she snickered, "Well," she started, "I don't think Nancy has to worry anymore," Anais began to laugh. 

Madeline shook her head, her mouth opening slightly, "Anais..." 

"What?" the darker brunette asked, noticing her best friend's odd tone. 

Madeline stared off into the sea of red leatherman jackets, "Nancy's ex-boyfriend is here..."

Anais furrowed her eyes, staring deep into the group before turning around with her hands at her head, "For fucks sake-"