The Picnic

The clouds above wafted over the bright blue sky, birds singing their song and announcing the end of their lives. There was a cool breeze up in the air, perfect for flying, and it made Glory's scales chill. She let her scales turn into any color it liked and she took another sugar cookie that Sunny brought. On their picnic, Sunny had packed them chamomile tea and sugar cookies for them to eat. Glory had packed some fruit and her trusted sloth, Silver. Silver decided to sleep in Glory's picnic basket and squished all the fruits with her weight.
        It was probably two in the afternoon when Tsunami finally arrived with Anenome, although she was never invited.
"Hi, Tsunami and Anenome!" Sunny smiled, beckoning them closer.
"Hey, Sunny. Glory," Tsunami said, landing with a thud. She nodded at Glory and Glory nodded back.
"I thought it was only supposed to be us three. Not us four." Anenome glared at her.
"This one followed me after I DELIBERETLY told her not to and now it is WAY to far inland to make her fly back and Mother is probably going to kill me if Anenmoe comes back without me," Tsunami shrugged. Anenome bounced.
"Right. . .I'd like to see anyone try to kill you," Sunny said, making Anenome giggle.
"Lovey dovey murder queen," Glory muttered loud enough for Sunny to hear.
"ANYWAY, can we go flying?" Anenome asked, flapping her wings. Glory sheid her eyes from the glowing dragonet.
"We were JUST flying, ANENOME. Get a break."
"Sorry, but I only brought three tea cups, not four. ." Sunny apologized, pouring her tea slowly into her cup. Glory rolled her eyes and fell onto her back, pawing at a butterfly that made its way onto her nose.
"I don't like tea anyway." Tsunamk waved away the cup as Sunny gave her cup to Anenome.
"It's chamomile-"
" She can drink out of the teapot!" Tsunami squawked, taking the cup from her sister's talons and drinking it in an unmannered way.

In the Rainforest, it was warm yet cool in the might sky. Crickets chirped and cicadas sung their endless songs. Tsunami and Sunny were arguing about how Anenome could go home. Meanwhile, Glory was thinking about Deathbringer and how she would possibly tell her friends about her relationship with him.
"Glory," Tsunami scolded, shaking Glory out of her thoughts. "Stop daydreaming and help us. I don't want Mother getting mad at me. ." Anenome rolled her eyes.
"You are cautious, Tsunami. If you'd been watching, maybe we would be having this problem," Sunny said. Glory snorted.
"Cautious might be asking a bit too much. Over going and selfish might be a better choice." Tsuanmi glared at her.
"I can go with Tamarin," Anenome said suddenly. Glory stared at her. "She's my friend. I haven't seen her in a while. ."She shifted her toes.
"Well that can be arranged. I'll have to see with Kinkajou. She never leaves her side."
"And just me and Tamarin? I don't want that clingy bright thing in our ever conversation," she growled with a hint of anger in her voice. Glory twitched.
How dare she talk about Kinkajou like that! She's just a four year old dragonet, Glory thought while she curled her claws. Anenome bounded off to go out somewhere, probably to find her friend
"Anyway.  . ." Sunny said, noticing Glory's change in attitude. "How's your gaurd?" Glory rubbed her face to cover up her smile.
"Annoying but very helpful." And handsome. "He's been helping me rule the two tribes. .The Nightwing village is going good and they have a hatchery and library already in place. The Eainwings are being trained by Grandeur. . Nothing much." Glory stroked her sloth's silver fur and sighed. Being queen is tiring. Exhaustion suddenly slammed into her and she found herself falling asleep through Tsunami's reports with her kingdom.
       A moment later, she found someone telling someone to be quiet,  she's sleeping and being carried up into the air and laid down on a soft moss bed. Something wet and warm kissed her lips and then the moss bed was sunken with weight. She curled over until her head was buried in someone else's neck.