Chapter - 06

-Aradhaya Mehra

Life is a roller coaster ride with many ups and downs with many unpredictable events, and my life is surely a roller coaster. Never even in my wildest dreams I thought that I will be getting married that too this dramatically. I was so excited for my di's wedding and here I have become the bride and got married to a complete stranger because my dear di and jiju both decided to ditch the wedding, making me a scapegoat.

I entered the room with Aarya, "this is your room Bhabhi", she said and I looked at her, Bhabhi I thought and looked around the room, "you take rest, I am leaving", she said and I nodded with a small smile.

It's a big room, with a king size bed in the middle, a couch, walls painted in black and white theme, a walk-in-closet, attached to the washroom, a balcony, which have a swing in it, giving it a perfect look I sat down on it for some time seeing the stars, I started to feel cold so I went in and sat on bed, after some time I felt him coming in so I quickly got up from the bed not knowing his reaction, he may not like me sitting on his bed.

He started coming towards me which made me step backward, he kept on coming and I walked backwards till I hit the wall behind me and was caged between him and the wall. He asked my name in his low voice to which I replied him shuttering, he held my chin with his index finger and thumb making me looking into his eyes, his charcoal black eyes were looking intensely to me making me scare for a moment he looked angry.

"You are not supposed to inform anyone about this marriage, you are my wife just in-front of my family, we may have got married but don't expect anything from this marriage or from me, you will get all the luxurious you deserve as the daughter-in-law of this family, but not as my wife because I do not consider this marriage nor I consider you as my wife you are just additional burden in my life nothing else, do you get that", he asked me in his firm voice and I simply nodded.

He pulled me towards him by holding my arms, "look at me when I am talking", he said getting angry to which I nodded looking at him, "words my little wife, I need words, do you get that", he asked me, "ye-yes", I said shuttering with much difficulty he left me and stormed out of the room.

I sat down on the floor crying on my fate, "I too did not wanted to get married, I was forced too into this, and I don't have any intention to announce to the world about this weird force-full marriage, why did you both left you could have said no instead of this, why did you do this di why ", I thought and kept on crying, I did not even realize when I slept crying on the floor itself.

I was sleeping which was disturbed by a loud thud voice making me jump in my place, I opened my eyes and found myself on floor with a same bridal lehenga, I looked towards the door it was closed maybe he came in and again got angry seeing me here, I thought and went to the washroom I quickly removed my jewellery and came out of that heavy lehenga and after taking a relaxing shower, I wore the bathrobe and went in to the closet where all my bags were already kept.

I took out a simple red suit, and changed into it because I don't know how to wear a saree, I sat on chair near my vanity, combing my hairs, and did my morning skin care routine, I left my hairs open today, and applied my kajal and a lip-gloss, with no make-up I don't like to apply make-up, I wore my bangles then wore my mangalsutra , and took sindoor dani to apply sindoor on my forehead, which was giving me strange feeling, I was seeing the sindoor and was still feeling that this is a nightmare and I will soon come out of this. I looked at my reflection in the mirror which was giving me a complete newly bride look. I took a last glance of my look and went down.

I came out from the room and went down I did not notice the place yesterday it is so beautiful, the interior was giving classy look, I came in the hall and found everyone sitting there, I could recognize some but not everyone one was Aarav bhai's mom, his dad, his choti mami, chote mama and one lady I guess is Mr. Rude's mother, my mother-in-law. I stood there not knowing what do to, should I just go casually, or may be wishing them yes that will be better I was in my own thoughts when someone called be, "Aradhaya beta, when did you come", she said, I went in and stood in front of them, "good morning", I said slowly, giving a small smile "good morning", they all wished me.