Chapter 15

"I do", he replied.

And it felt as if the whole world had stopped. The clocks had stopped ticking, the time had frozen and the earth had stopped revolving.

Though I saw this coming, though I thought that I was prepared for this yet...it still broke me. After hearing his answer I realized.

"I wasn't...my heart was not yet ready."

Now, I know what they mean by bleeding internally. There are no wounds, nor scars outside but piercing deep cuts inside which can't be mended that easily.

I raised my head again, holding back the tears.

"So, you do like her?", I asked and he nodded slightly.

"Can...it... not be me?", I raised another question and he silently watched me.

He didn't answer the question in words, he just looked away from me and that was enough to let me know his answer. A bittersweet smile formed on my lips as I looked down at the ground.

This was the time I finally realized one thing and that is "No matter how much I try, no matter how many girls I fight that want you, I still wouldn't be able to fight or win against that one girl that your heart wants."

Isn't this how it was supposed to be? Wasn't I here to hear his answer then what's with this sick feeling? Why am I finding tears building up in my eyes again?

This silence between us is almost consuming me knowing that this heartbreak was expected. But still no matter how hurt I feel right now. I don't want him to see it. I don't want to see him watch me break down.

Without saying anything or even sparing a glance behind I started walking. This is my only chance to walk away from you and if I don't then my inner demons might eat me up.

[End of pov]

[Author's pov]:

Taehyung watched y/n leave from the corner of his eyes and felt an intense pain inside his chest as he balled his fists trying to stop himself from following her behind. He knew she was hurt but what was he supposed to do? Be the band-aid to the wound which was caused by him?

He was feeling many emotions flowing inside him which made him indecisive of what to do next.

It just hurts a lot...

[y/n's pov]:

Not knowing where I was heading, I just kept walking. I had left Taehyung far behind. And at the moment I had no strength left inside me to face him again. Not at least at this moment.

I was about to take another step forward until a sight caught my attention and made me stop in my tracks.

I raised my head and there stood Jungkook. He had both his hands tucked inside his pants pocket as he stood there watching me.

And before even I could say anything he started walking in my direction. He stood across from me and looked back at my face.

Just by a look, anyone could tell I was on the verge of crying. I quickly looked away making sure he didn't notice it.

"Did you cry?", he asked, and my eyes widened.

"No, I didn't", I replied, still not willing to take a glance at him.

He didn't say anything ahead but just continued watching me. And before I could even realize his palm was against my left cheek as he forced me to take a look at him.

It's weird how he is always the one to find me whenever I need someone.

Staring right into my eyes, he didn't say anything but silently wiped that one drop of tear that was about to roll down my cheek.