Chapter Nine

Turns out Shun had every right to be worried. As soon as he got the call from Aqua he dropped everything and hurried to get to the police station. Upon arriving there he saw Aqua sitting on the bench together with some middle-aged woman.

He quickly approaches them with wide eyes. 'Wh- What happened?' he asks out of breath. Aqua and the woman turn to look at him but his eyes were still glued to the blond boy. Somehow they always were.

Aqua stands up. 'You're soaked.' he points out making Shun raise an eyebrow.

The boy laughs sarcastically. 'Yeah! Because I came here running after someone called me and said "police station, Akane tried to kill herself" without any explanation howsoever!'

'I'll get some coffee...' the still unknown woman says to both of them before walking away.

'I was kinda busy.' Aqua replies, gesturing to this whole place before sitting down again.

Shun sighs tiredly and drops himself next to the blonde boy. 'So, what happened?' he asks while leaning back, resting his back and head on the wall.

'Akane tried to end her life and I saved her. But I already told you on the phone.' he says nonchalantly.

Shun rolls his eyes at Aqua's tone. 'Yeah, I got that.' he says while looking at him from the corner of his eyes. Aqua was looking down at the floor, with an expression Shun couldn't describe. 'Are you okay?' the black-haired boy asks putting a hand on the blonde's shoulder. 'Seeing something like that must be traumatic.'

Aqua shakes his head. 'It's not me you should be worried about.'

Shun furrows his eyebrows before looking away from the boy. 'Do you like her or something? It's just for the sake of curiosity.' he asks awkwardly, he notices the blond turning to look at him but doesn't turn to look back.

'It's not like that.' he says with a shrug. 'Besides, I'll charge Akane for the taxi fare later.'

Shun chuckles dryly and Akane comes out of the room she was in. Shun quickly glances at her and as he was about to stand up and greet her, a group of people enters the police station. The next thing that happened was that Yuki, another participant in the live show, slapped Akane on her cheek.

'Why'd you worry us like that?' the girl says with tears in her eyes as she wraps her arms around a very confused Akane. 'Why?! You can always talk to me!'

After hearing Yuki's cries Akane felt her eyes sting with tears and her heart started to ache with guilt. 'I'm sorry!' she sniffles while hugging the girl back.

Shun smiles at the scene and stands up together with Aqua. 'Akane, how do you want to go from here?' the blonde asks making Akane look at him, and Yuki stop embracing the girl.

'What?' She whispers confused.

'What he meant is that stepping out of the show is also an option.' Shun says making everyone but Aqua gasp.

'But, she's under contract...' someone says.

Shun shakes his head. 'The show crew is dealing with minors, meaning the director could be held accountable for this. They legally can't deny her if she wants to leave, but under the circumstances, I don't think they will.'

Akane looks down. 'I...have worked so hard all this time so I can become a more famous actress and keep performing...' She whispers while clenching her fists shut. 'Everyone helped me so much along the way...but things have turned out like this.'

Her shoulders begin to shake and her voice starts to break. 'I'm scared. I'm really scared, but...' she forces her tears back and looks back at them, determined. 'I'll stick with it! I don't want to quit like this.'