56

2023

Melissa is yet again laying in a hotel bedroom as Pablo showers, Estela was stayed back in Barcelona since the couple will be back the following morning after the match. Tomorrow was the Spains national team's last match day for the UEFA EURO Qualifiers against Georgia. Since it was being held here in Spain. Pablo convinced his pregnant girlfriend to come watch him. The girl on the other hand had just found out the boy was starting and was not very happy about it. Pablo had been complaining that his knee has been hurting more recently and she believed that he didn't need to play. Especially not start. It was a meaningless game, lose or win Spain is already qualified.
Pablo walks out of the restroom in nothing but shorts and a towel around his neck as he finishes drying his hair.
He watch Melissa practically pout on the bed before he throws the towel aside and makes his way over to her. "Amor..don't be mad. It's not good for you or the baby" he whispers crawling into bed with her. Melissa huffs. "I don't think you should play, you're going to hurt yourself more" she tells him.
Pablo shakes his head. "He already has the line up—but you can tell him you can't play!" She cuts him off.
"Tell him that your knee has been bothering you again" she begs. Pablo sighs and nods. "I'll talk to him tomorrow, but I want to play" he tells her.
She presses her lips in a thin line before resting her head back down and turning away from him. The boy places a hand on her on her lower back and gently rubs his hand on the spot he knows has been giving her pains lately. He places a few feathery kisses to her shoulder and her neck. "Amor..don't be mad" he whispers kissing her shoulder once again. She ignores what he said and lets herself relax, feeling the pain go away with his hand where it is. "Do you want ice?" She asks him quietly.
"I can go get it, amor" he assures. "Give me a few minutes then we can rest together? You need it, mi vida" he tells her kissing her cheek.

.
.
.

"Out" Melissa mouths to Pablo as he steps to the side after falling. The boy avoids her eyes as he gets biofreeze sprayed into his hurting knee.
Melissa groans as she watches his run back into the field. She starts to bite her nails as she watches his run. She could feel in her gut that something was wrong. Something was going to happen. She had tried to get Luis de la Fuente attention not caring if Pablo would get mad at her for saying anything to him, but she failed. She sits down on her spot, a sharp pain in her lower back, she groan not understanding why this pregnancy is making her back hurt so much.
The girl watches as Pablo chases down the ball before he tries to stop it but ends with him jumping up In the air. She stands up as she watches him hunch over grabbing his knee before turning around.
Her heart speeds up as she notices the obvious look of pain on the boys face as he starts to limp his way to the side, covering his face in the process, telling his girlfriend that he was crying.
As quickly as she could she gets the attention of a security guard right below her and tells him to help her down which he quickly did.
As soon as her feet meet the floor she looks up to she Luis hugging a crying Pablo.
She tries to walk over to him but the same guard stops her and tells her she can't go any further because of the cameras. Melissa hanks her hand out of his grasp and turn back to she her boyfriend look up at her. "Amor" his crying voice cracks as he pushes past his coach and tries to make his way to Melissa.
Melissa hurries to the boy and lips him fall into her arms. "It hurts" he cries, holding her trying not to put pressure on his leg but not hurt his pregnant girlfriend either. She holds hold him close not saying anything but decides to let him cry.
The worst injuries were going through her mind as they final starts to slowly move into the tunnel to get Pablo into the locker room.
The trainer and coach help back walk, causing his too lose his grip on his girlfriend. He looks back at her every so often not wanting her to leave.
"I'm right here" she assures him as she walks behind them. Her chest felt tight as she watch them help Pablo up into the bed, pain written all over his face. She quickly walks over to him and takes his hand in her. Her mind was flooding with worry for the boy.

.
.
.

The car ride back to the back to the hotel was quiet. Melissa sat in the front seat with the trainer in the driver seat and Pablo in the back. The trainer parks the car and Melissa unbuckles her seat belt. She was going to go collect her and Pablo's thing because they are due for a flight back to Barcelona in 1 hour. "No" pablo breaks the silence. "Can you go, she's been having back pain" he tells the man.
The man nods and gets out of the car, taking the key from the young girl.
"Amor" Pablo whispers from the back seat. Melissa turns around to look at him. He eyes tired and puffy. "I'm sorry I didn't listen" he tells her. Melissa shakes her head. "Don't worry about it amor, let's just worry about getting home so you can recover" she reached over and gently squeezes his not injured leg. He smiles at me sadly. "What if it is tore? I have to miss 6-8 months" he tells her.
Melissa shakes her head. "Lets just wish for a fast recovery, I'll be there for you amor, for anything you need"
"You are the best" he whispers to her.

A/n: 🧍🏻‍♀️