19. Don't

Be damned if I let him catch up
It's easy to see that you're fed up
I am on a whole 'nother level
Girl he only fucked you over 'cause you let him

Be damned if I let him catch upIt's easy to see that you're fed upI am on a whole 'nother levelGirl he only fucked you over 'cause you let him

Paige

My jaw clenches as i shoot another free throw and it not making it... again.

104 shots — not made.

"Looks like someone a little rusty now.." a voice yells over the speaker that blasted through the loud gym making my eyes roll.

"You know the musics loud for a reason.."

"Thought you'd want some good luck.."

"Trust me you're the last person i need in here." I say bluntly before shooting another, finally going in.

"Looks like your minds somewhere else Bueckers"

"Looks like your heads up your ass St. James." I grit through my teeth before turning to the boy, "Honestly do you ever get tired of being just... around"

"Woah now puppy relax"

"Your one to talk."

"You know— we need to settle this one sides beef we got going on.."

"I have to fucking problem with you? so the one side must be you." I chuckle gripping the ball as he walks closer to me.

"Your funny Bueckers.. too bad.."

"Too bad what?"

"I came here thinking we are going to be friends — buds.. just think me and you running this basketball city."

"There's no me and you. ever."

"You'd do it for Jenna."

My breath hitched at the mention of her name making me dribbling the ball lightly to distract my face from telling what i wanted to really say.

"I got nothing to worry about — let alone Jenna."

He hits the ball from my hands making me groan rolling my eyes, "You sure about that.. you know your something Bueckers— sabotaging your one bestfriends game to make you look better.. Don't you think she's been through enough, expecially with you."

He's trying to get to your head Paige.

"You have no idea what you're talking about Blake."

"That's why Jenna came home crying the other day? Didn't someone steal her brace— making her skip out on practice."

The brace wasn't what made my heart drop — it was him saying "home".

"Jenna's been staying with you?"

"My girl should stay with me shouldn't she?" He smirks wigging his eyebrow at me before throwing the ball back towards me catching my thumb bending it back sighly.