27. Nobody Gets Me

How am I supposed to tell ya?
I don't wanna see you with anyone but me
Nobody gets me like you

How am I supposed to tell ya?I don't wanna see you with anyone but meNobody gets me like you

Jenna

"It's practice P stop!"  I groan tightening my knee brace as Geno calls us back in.

"You're going really hard at a really early time, can you atleast take it easy?" Paige sighs as she hands me her water bottle so i can take a sip from it.

"I don't need a baby sitter Bueckers.." I smirk tapping her shoulder with mine softly, "you out of all people know i can take care of myself!"

"Then why are you shaking your leg and favoriting your other, the last thing you need to do is—"

"Paige!"

"I'm trying to look out for my best friend Jenna, news flash I tore my ACL too— the exact same season you did, do not act like i don't know what's going on."

"It's my leg Paige, not yours... I don't need you looking out for me-"

"Midow— Bueckers! Are you two done chit chatting? If so please get on the damn court!"

I sigh looking down at my leg as Paige shakes her head, "You two — different teams. Paige on blue Jenna your on white— guard eachother."

"But coach—"

"Guard eachother Midow— did you hear me clearly?"

"This is going to be interesting.." Nika smirks as i slip the white pinny on.

3rd person

3rd person

"Paige! Coach that's a foul!"

"She does not look happy.." Qadence mumbled to KK, as she watched Jenna get off the ground for what seemed like the hundredth time today.

"You can't pull at my jersey Bueckers!"

"and you can't swat! Guess we both are doing things we can't do!"

"Make a shot first and then you can open your mouth!" Jenna smirks whipping the sweat off her forehead before Paige opens on Jenna's weak side and goes up for an easy layup.

"I can't imagine how they were when they were kids.."

"They still are kids KK.."

"Why don't you guard first before worrying about they way i shoot Midow." Paige winks before tossing the ball to Jenna.

"Either Geno knew what he was doing putting them up against eachother — or he's trying to see which one will kill the other first"

"Moneys on Jenna.." Ashlynn smirks..

"This is practically a one on one with Jenna and Paige Coach what's the plan here?" Aubrey yells after a foul is called on Paige for swatting at Jenna.

The team comes together as Geno walks to the middle of the floor with his arms crossed looking towards the two players he had pinned against eachother.

"Still can't find a way around eachother?"

Jenna swallows hard as her hands raise above her head, both too out of breath to answer.

"Someone tell me why Jenna and Paige can't find a way around eachother..."

Half the team nods off as Nika lets out a frustrated breath, "because they are too in sync — Jenna knows Paige's game and Paige knows Jenna's, the minute one guard on the opposing team realizes they will pit them against eachother — so one can't look out for the other, it happens with shooters and points— you taught me and Azzi that last year when we were only look for eachother rather then our big."

Geno smirks patting Nika on the back, "Now before you go and say, we need the chemistry— we already have that, i'm not crazy — KK if you were on the opposing team and saw Jenna and Paige work how they work what would you do."

"I'd double guard Midow— Paige would need to find someone new to pass too or figure out a play around— force them to throw towards the middle rather then camp on the three line— because once Jenna gets the ball—"

"She shoots— exactly, you two are our secret and it needs to stay that way, if Jenna was a big there wouldn't be a problem because a guards would rather guard a small then a big—"

Paige and Jenna nod still slightly out of breath, "we know you two are one of the best duos here, and that's exactly where Iowa went from with you and Clark? Jenna, once teams realized she looked for you what happen?"

"She was forced to shoot herself or look towards the paint — but —"

"No Midow there's teams studying your film right now from when you two were kids. I studied your films from USA trails — you two are stuck like glue, Paige tell me a time you didn't look for Jenna in the USA games?"

"She's my partners — i needed to look for her."

"Needed or wanted? Paige, if Jenna is guarded what way does she turn before someone screens in time for her to shoot."

"To the right, always, it's an easier pivot and quick shoot for her on her right side."

"Jenna where on the court is Paige most successful in terms of shooting and where isn't she."

"The corner three, expecially after a screen or about three steps from the logo, enough room and versatility for her to shoot without someone getting in her way, she tries not to get near the paint on her left side because she knows her left layup makes her unbalanced slighky that's why depending who's on the court, Nika for example if she goes for a layup Paige camps under the rim, just incase of a miss.."

The team didn't take this as a surprise— Jenna and Paige had been playing together since they were teens, it was no surprise they got used to each others game, what they'll never admit is within eachother— they made eachother better,

"From now on you two will be pitted against each other before these Croatian games."

Jenna looks towards Paige wide eyed before nodding towards coach, "Alright guys, i'll see you tomorrow bright and early for a small run through before our game at 12, shower up and your roommates for the hotel are posted on the locker room door. No complaints or you might as well go back to Storrs.."

Paige

Paige

"Good luck with your roommate.." KK chuckles as i slip off my practice Jersey before walking over to the paper tapped to the back of the door.

Jenna Midow.

What was Geno trying to do to them.

authors note
dw Geno is a Jaige
supporter i promise...
he just wants to add a
little .... SPICE ;)