28

Tae Rae looked at his therapist's diagnosis. He sighed and brushed his hair backwards. He looked over and saw his baby laying on the floor crying.

"Keep quiet" He muttered but she continued to cry.
Tae Rae gritted his teeth and sighed. "I said keep quiet" He repeated but it was to no use.

"Keep quiet damn it!!" He yelled and she began to cry even louder. His eyes widened when his senses came back. He quickly carried her, hushing her.

"Shh shh stop crying" He kept muttering. He sighed and brushed his hair backwards. He looked away from his baby as tears welled his eyes.

He was grateful his outburst wasn't as bad as the last one when he threw things at her.

When he finally rocked her to sleep, he sat on the couch crying. How can someone change so much in a year. He couldn't even recognize himself.

He was turning into something he couldn't decipher.

Being that broken away from Ricky messed him up, Since then, Ricky hadn't called or texted. Tae Rae knew Ricky blocked his number but he still tried.

He went into therapy when he noticed the slight changes in his behavior but that didn't help one bit.

Tae Rae took out a note and a pen as he wrote. He wiped his tears and folded the note. He pecked his sleeping daughter and carried her gently as he put the note in his pocket.

-

Gunwook paused the movie he was watching when he heard his doorbell ring. He looked through his door cam and saw no one. He walked out and opened the door.

Still no one was there. "Hyung, who's that?"
He heard Yujin ask. Yujin stood behind him.
"No one. It must have been Woojin's kids pranking us" Gunwook said and Yujin nodded as he got back in.

Just as Gunwook was about to close the door. He saw something and his eyes widened.
"Yujin-ah" Gunwook called. "Yeah?" Yujin replied but Gunwook didn't say anything. He walked back to the door and followed Gunwook's eyes.

He saw something moving in a basket. Gunwook crouched and pulled down the layers of blankets. His eyes widened when he saw a baby looking at him.

He looked at Yujin and Yujin had the same expression he had. He carefully took out the baby, wrapping her in the blankets. His eyes saw the note on the bottom of the basket.

Gunwook,
Please take care of her while I'm gone.
I'll be back. I'll be better, I promise.
Her name's So hee.
-Tae Rae

Gunwook's eyes widened as he quickly looked around, walking out, hoping to see Tae Rae.
"Hyung! Where are you?! Please wait!" Gunwook yelled as he walked around looking for Tae Rae.

Yujin walked out, following Gunwook.
"Hyung...please..please come back" Gunwook muttered as he knelt down. He had patiently waited for Tae Rae for a year. He respected Tae Rae's promise and didn't contact him.

He looked at the note, then at the baby.
"Please come back" He muttered.

-

Tae Rae wiped his tears as he walked into the mental health unit. He remembered his therapist's words loud and clear. He wasn't fit to raise a child and
Tae Rae knew she was right.

He often found himself doing things he couldn't remember, he had put his child in danger because of his condition. It was best he seeked mental help and recover.

He sighed and looked out. "I hope she grows well with Gunwook" He muttered and let out a small smile, trusting Gunwook with So Hee.

Fin

Check out my next novel!BECOMING YUJIN

BECOMING YUJIN