Chapter 4 || a waterfall of change

─────── ⋆⋅𖦹⋅⋆ ───────

Alexander's POV:

"And yeah, Raya's still in the same high school, but I don't see her often which is good. I also met this girl named Emma! She's really nice, we have a lot of classes together actually!" I say to Jenna over the phone, "That sounds fun! god I wish I was there with youu." I let out a sigh, "Yeah. How's acting going?" 

"Its going good! We're almost finished the episodes of Stuck In the Middle, so that's cool. I'll be able to get more free time then." I grin, "maybe we could go to the mall some time?" 

"I'd love to when I'm free! Oh, I gotta go Xander. I'll text you later, bye!" "Cya!" Jenna hangs up the phone as I place it on my bedside, flopping onto my bed sighing. "She's been so busy lately, I barely even get to talk to her!" I say to myself.

"talk to who?" I jolt up from my bed, to see my older brother, Grayson, leaning on my doorframe. "Jesus Gray you scared the shit out of me." He laughs, and walks into my room, "But seriously though who?"

"Jenna. She's had her life filled up with acting and I can barely ever talk to her." I mutter, as he plops into my beanbag chair. "The homeschooled one right?" I nod.

"ahh, yeah. You seem kind of obsessed with her not gonna lie." I feel my cheeks flush as I flop onto my bed, "GRAY YOU'RE NOT HELPING." 

"Okay okay! But you know, the series or movie doesn't go on forever. You'll be able to see her soon, won't you?" I hoist myself up groaning, "Its been almost three years since she's gotten that Stuck In the Middle  job. how do I wait longer?!" 

A stuffy gets thrown into my face, "OW! Grayson!" I rub my face, picking up the stuffy, as I see it's a old green dinosaur holding a purple heart, with a note attached to it. I feel Deja Vu get rushed back to me, as I open the note careful not to rip it. it was in black bold ink, the handwriting neat.

"You're amazing. I'll always be by your side no matter what, we'll get through any bumpy road we face, we always do. - Jenna"

She gave this to me for my 12th birthday.

"All I'm saying is, don't loose hope. okay?" Grayson pats my head before walking out of the room, closing the door.

I stare at the stuffy for a long, hard moment. before tears fall from my eyes. I start to cry, then I start to sob. I hug the stuffy close to me, smelling the faint scent of Jenna as I sob into it.

I miss her. I miss, everything.

Jenna's POV:

Acting is absolutely exhausting. I never had time.

We just finished wrapping up an episode, so I just got home, but man I was tired, I always had long shifts.

There's so much to memorize and review, I have to be careful with my costumes, I have to watch what I eat, and worst, I can't even socialize with anyone anymore.

I've lost contact with Avery and Skylar, and I barely have time to talk to Alexander.

I miss everyone. Alexander especially. I miss watching movie marathons and eating snacks with her, I miss exploring forests with her, I miss the feeling of her arms around me, I miss her.

Nobody understands what I'm going through, the stress. Alex would. I know it.

"Gorilla arms." those words still play in my mind, along with others.

"its not good enough, try harder."

"You have to be grateful, when do kids your age get opportunities like this Mija?"

"It's like she has gorilla arms."

I let out a groan, falling over onto my bed.

I plug in my headphones into my phone, playing some music to calm me down as I lay down in my bed. All I can do is imagine, imagine my life is normal and steady, imagine that Alex is here with me. Laughing together.

I can't remember the last time I saw Alexander face to face, it's like the year went by in a flash. There was nothing interesting, it was the same old routine everyday, so what was there to remember? My cast members are nice, that directors are kind of strict, but sort of nice I suppose.

Tomorrow I had another day of filming, of course. My mom is extremely serious on this, she helps me with a lot of this, and expects me to work hard. and I do! I just hope she's proud. I hope all this isn't for nothing. I hope my future goes well.

I hope I can see Alex again.

10th grade:

Alexander's POV:

Freshman year was nothing special. made a few new friends, got pretty close with Emma. But now we've started Sophomore. Which means more work, more expectations.

I take my books from my locker as I head to my homeroom class, I'm now being taught by Mr. Wheeler. I've managed to score Emma being in my homeroom once again, but she's not it to many of my other classes. Walking into the classroom a few of the boys shove past me, running into the classroom like a group of bears.

I roll my eyes as I walk over to my normal spot, sitting by Emma along with another girl Olivia, I met her not long ago, Apparently she's in the acting business too.

"Hey guys." I sigh, plopping myself down on the desk beside Emma, Olivia behind her. "Tired?" Rylee asks, leaning her head forward.

"Yup. Nothing much if I'm honest, these past few days have been extreeemely boring." and I mean it. Especially since me and Jenna have been drifting apart. we only talk to each other twice -maybe three times if lucky- a week, and it kills me. I've heard from her that she's been getting into a lot more films, which is amazing! I'm super proud of her, but I miss her, a lot.

I hear the teacher's hands clapping, as everyone gets into their seats to review math. I pull out my notebook as I take a pencil from my case, doodling a bunch of random cats and drawings as the teacher speaks faintly in the background of my imagination. 

"Alexander?" I perk up, as the teacher points to a question on the board, "After reviewing, can you answer this for me?" I didn't know how to solve shit on that board. "umm.." I could feel everyone's eyes on me. "28?" Mr. Wheeler tsks, "pay attention next time please Ms. Miller." Everyone snickers as I roll my eyes. My classmates were always a ruckus, sometimes it's funny, in this case not really.

The class goes on, as everything seems to be normal, the boys making a few funny jokes for the class, but Jenna's still on my mind.

I wonder if she misses me the way I do.

─────── ⋆⋅𖦹⋅⋆ ───────

A/N: welp, another chapter done. I'm trying to move on from the whole childhood thing- but I have things planned in my mind you guys dw. btw I mean Olivia as in Olivia Rodrigo, I know in this period of time she would probably be full-time filming Bizzardvark, but WHATEVER DONT MIND THAT