Chapter 11 || Midnight stargazing

─────── ⋆⋅𖦹⋅⋆ ───────

(Small A/N: the first parts of it might be shit cuz I'm writing it at 12am-)

Alexander's POV:

We had filmed for the entire day and everyone was absolutely exhausted. It was 5am when they started and now it's around 11pm. Even though everyone was tired, the main cast all decided to gather into Melissa's room and have a small little party just for congratulating each other for the first day of filming, we had drinks and snacks, and we were able to hooked up Jasmin's laptop to the TV so we could watch the entire Scream franchise.

Once it was 1am most of the cast members started to leave, now they were left with Mason, Melissa, Jenna, Jasmin, and me. Once we got to the fourth Scream I was a bit tired. "I'll be right back." I take my cup and slip my way through until I make it to the balcony. I listen to the soft sound of the wind blowing through the city, as I take a sip of my sprite which was nearly flat. Thoughts about earlier in the day still lingered in my mind about outside of the studio when Jenna came to get me. did she get me herself? Or did someone ask her to? Should I have told her the truth about why I was outside? did she notice I was lying?

Rapidly, thought by thought, question by question came into by brain, piling up one by one, the overwhelming sense of clutter rushed through as I press the side of my head to my right hand, feeling confused scared and tired all at the same time, until something snapped me out of my thoughts.

Click.

"Alex?"

I turn around as I see Jenna peaking through the balcony's sliding door, as I hear the faint sound of the movie playing in the background. The way Jenna called me Alex took me back to our old middle school years of when we nicknamed each other the most random things. I swear I must've called her pickle once.

"Mind if I join you?" I shake my head, as she slips through the door, carefully closing it as the background noise fades, all you could here were the soft sounds of the bustling city. Jenna props her arms onto the railing, leaning slightly as we stand there in awkward silence. "what are you doing out here?" Jenna questions, as I glance to her slightly, "I don't know, just, clearing my mind I suppose." Clearing my mind wasn't exactly what was happening, in fact it was the opposite. "what about you?" Jenna turns her head towards me, as our eyes lock. Those chocolatey brown eyes followed with her beautiful gaze was hard to turn away from. "I- just wanted to check on you I guess." Her tone nervous, as I break way from the gaze, looking down as a small smile appears on my face. 

"So.." Jenna starts, trying to make conversation, "Obviously, you know what I've been up to these days considering I'm still in acting, but what about you?" She turns to face me, an elbow leaning onto the railing as she rests her chin on her hand. I shrug softly, "Nothing much, I got into cinematography and film studies in university, and I guess I just stuck with it. I've met a lot of new people, Millie Bobby Brown, Cavetown, Mikey Madison-" "You know Mikey?" Jenna questions, as I look to her, "Oh, yeah I do. I met her in my last few years of high school at New York." Jenna smiles softly, "I'm assuming you know that she was in Scream 5 correct?" I chuckle, "Mikey and Jasmin were begging me to watch it, and that's when I saw you on screen." She glances to Jenna as they both share a smile.

"Speaking of New York," Jenna starts, as worry starts to flood into me, "why didn't you come find me? I don't mean to sound rude but, you didn't really ever visit." I bite the inside of my cheek, as I start to fidget with my fingers, "I.. I guess I didn't want to bother you. And since we stopped texting for a while I figured, maybe you had forgotten about me." I let out a breathy chuckle, as I look down to my hands. "Alex," there it was again, that feeling of nostalgia. "if I'm being honest you're at the bottom of my list on people I could ever forget about." I feel slight relief wash over me, as I look to Jenna, her eyes fixated on the stars above us.