Chapter 26 || blood stained bracelets

─────── ⋆⋅𖦹⋅⋆ ───────

around an hour before.

Jenna's third person POV:

"It's so good to see you again!" Jenna exclaims, lastly hugging her little sister and brother tightly, as she steps back to look at the few of her family. Isaac and Mariah weren't here for now, but Mia decided to stop by to visit Jenna along with Aliyah and Markus being here, and her parents by the couch. 

"How was filming?" Mia asked as they walked to the kitchen. "it was good, very entertaining." Mia giggles at her response, "I can see that." She points to the few bruises around Jenna's forearms. "is that where this came from?"

Jenna lets out a laugh, "Maybee." she teases, before slipping into her room. "You'll find out once the movie releases." She calls out through her door before closing it. 

Finally she flops back onto her bed, a weight dropping onto her of exhaustion. "God I'm going to fall asleep in a minute." She mutters to herself with a breathy chuckle.

Suddenly she feels her phone buzz in her pocket. Maybe it's Alexander. if she was being honest,  - pushing through the thoughts of taking a long nap - Jenna had wondered about Alexander all day. Adding to her excitement, it was Alexander.

i love u.

it was a single text. Just "i love u." and that was it. No missed call, no other text, no nothing. Jenna didn't know what to feel, her emotions were mixed. There was of course a surge of excitement in her body, I mean why wouldn't there be? Jenna had a confident feeling that she loved her too, but, there was something wrong.

Alexander would never text that poorly unless she was in some sort of rush and Jenna knew it. But if she was in a rush, why text her "I love you" now?

There was something that wasn't right.

Her fingers hovered over the keyboard of the phone, she didn't know how to reply, or what to do. Was this really going to be their first I love yous to each other? No.

She moved her fingers away, tucking them to the side of the phone so they wouldn't press any letters as she just starred at the text for who knows how long.

"this isn't right. There's something wrong." She mumbles, as she turns her phone off. What could be the problem? Alexander isn't that careless.. is she?

She falls back onto her bed, zoned out as her eyes staring up at the ceiling. She decided to get herself a snack, considering she hadn't eaten in a while. The thought of eating reminded Jenna or Alexander for two reasons.

One of them being, if Alexander was here she would probably be taking care of Jenna in an instant, making food for her and putting on a movie, the thought making Jenna feel warm. But it also reminded Jenna of that one day a while back, when Alexander had barely touched her food. I hope she's taking care of herself.

She hoists herself up from her bed, opening up her door as the soft noises of the TV come through, Jenna assuming that her siblings or her parents were watching something on the television.

Jenna walks into the kitchen, as she opens a cupboard that was filled with different assortments of snacks. She picks out a small bag of popcorn.

Suddenly there was a scream being heard, but it didn't sound like any of Jenna's siblings so she didn't get too startled. She walked over to the living room to see Aliyah, Markus and Mia watching the original Scream from 1996. "Are you trying to joke with me right now?" Jenna says, leaning onto the doorframe as Aliyah turns her head with a cheeky smile.