Chapter 12

Y/n's POV

Abuela Alma was the one who ended up finding Mirabel along with Bruno. Which was not where I saw today heading, but I also didn't think our house would collapse. So what's one more surprise huh?

The three of them hopped down off the horse and here came the family reunion. Julietta was the first to move, bringing her daughter into a warm embrace.

"Ay mi amor, I was so worried... we couldn't find you." Her daughter smiles softly, apologizing with her eyes. Her father joins them next, covered in bee stings and announcing so with a wide sweep of his arms.

"There were bees everywhere." A bit dramatic, but also normal in this family, especially for Tio Augustín. Mirabel put a gentle hand on her father's cheek, concern in her eyes that quickly fades when her father puts his hand over hers.

"I'll be okay." He smiled sweetly with this assurance.

Camilo, who was next to me, of course, took this moment to speak up, always taking the chance for a joke.

"Uh, not if we don't have a house."

Both Felix and I have the same idea, and elbow Camilo from opposite sides. He looks at both of us, faux offended as he gestures to the rubble of Casita.

"What? We don't have a house, I can't say we don't have a house? What is that? Not a house." A small smile pulls at his lips as he tries to lighten the mood, eyes always drifting back to me. I can't help but laugh a little, if only at the stupidity of our situation.

Mirabel walks up to the standing arch which used to be the front door of the house. She starts singing to the family. Also something normal for this family, for some reason.

"Look at this home, We need a new foundation. It may seem hopeless, But we'll get by just fine." We all walk to be closer to her.

"Look at this family, A glowing constellation. So full of stars and everybody wants to shine. But the stars don't shine, They burn. And the constellations shift. I think it's time you learn, you're more than just your gift."

I gave a pointed look to Camilo to which he gave a sheepish smile back, grabbing my hand to press a soft kiss to the back of it. He whispered in my ear, "You were right, happy?"

I smiled, perhaps feeling a bit smug before whispering back. "A bit."

Abuela chimes in next, singing her own verse.

"And I'm sorry that I held on too tight, just so afraid I'd lose you too." Abuela paused to beckon over Bruno who had been doing his best to hide in the shadows. Both Julietta and Pepa brighten up at the sight of their long-lost brother.

"The miracle is not some magic that you've got. The miracle is you, not some gift, just you." The triplets hug while the rest of us kids stare, a bit surprised.

Camilo makes a hand gesture as he speaks, semi-singing. "So, we gonna talk about Bruno?" He glances at me then his brother.

"That's Bruno." Antonio crossed his arms, a grin on his face and a knowing gleam in his eyes. Honestly, the kid was smart, so I wouldn't be surprised if he knew something we didn't, which obviously he did.

Camilo just slowly nods, unsure, Bruno nodding along with him.

"Yeah, there's a lot to say about Bruno...." He trailed off, grabbing Pepa and spinning her around.

"I'LL START, OKAY!"

"Pepa I'm sorry bout your wedding, didn't mean to be upsetting! That wasn't a prophecy I could just see you were sweating and I wanted you to know that your bro loves you so."