17.

Zuri-

2 days passed in a blur. I spent most of the time laying and sleeping. My wolf's tired and I want to crack some bones to get going.

Lucy was here with me most of the time. I really liked her. I'm dressed up to buy new clothes with her today. I didn't had time to take mine because of the emergency.

I just wish my family is safe. Lucy said they were in the neighbouring pack Blue Rose. She also told me that Luke's sister is there for some work.

Luke has a sister. Interesting. He doesn't look like an elder brother.

Lucy patted my head. "Ready to go?" She asked. I just noded.

"Would you like to shift? We'll reach there sooner." She asked.

I just hope my expressions were not that obvious. I hesitated. "Err.. actually my wolf is weak due to the heat. Can't we just walk?"

"Oh no problem. It's not that far anyways."

Pheww.. thankgod.

You need to tell them soon.

Yeah I know. We'll be talking to Theo soon. Let me be mentally prepared.

Soon we were out. I can't believe Theo didn't returned home for 2 days. He must be so embarrassed like me.

It feels like months have passed since his body was against mine. So close yet so far.

I shook my head. It's not time to think about that right now.

"How did you meet Nova?" I asked Lucy, who was busy looking for the most unoccupied place. I told her I don't like people's company and she took it very seriously.

She smiled to herself first before replying. "Well, it was an accident. It's been 2 years. I was training with my pack when we heard some rustling from the bushes. I thought it was a rogue or something so I literally jumped at him.
He landed on his but with me on his chest."

I laughed. "Must have been embarrassing."

"It was. I couldn't look at him in the eye the whole time. But at night..." She trailed off. Of course I knew what happened. "Okay.. I know it was very early for new mates. But he's just so gorgeous I couldn't stop myself. He'd said 'oh, I fell for you the moment you fell on me.'."

That's so nice. At least they knew they wanted eachother the same way.

"How you met Theo?" She asked me when we stopped at a store. "I know he's not the easiest person to be around. But he's nice. I have never seen him flirting around like Luke. He's very serious with himself."

"I can say. But our meeting was nothing so dreamy. We saw eachother when he was meeting my father. I ran after seeing him."

"You ran?"

"Yeah. I don't know what I was thinking. But then he came to my room just when I finished bathing. I was so furious, only wrapped in a towel but he didn't moved a step."

She laughed so hard I could see tears in her eyes. "Of course he was freezed. He never saw a girl in a towel, let alone his own mate. He must be turned on."

My face heated pretty quick. I still remember his expressions. He was struck there like a fool, eyes wide and mouth open.

"You know, you can repeat that scene in a different way again with this." She says as she picks up the hottest piece of lingerie. It's red and see through and just see through.

I rolled my eyes. "Oh it's too much. Not my type of thing."

She stretched it in front of my chest and measured. "Mm.. trust me he'll completely lose his mind. You'll need a small size." She picked up another one of the same colour. "Perfect. We are taking this."

I can't believe her. And I can't believe how easily I agreed.

Well, if he can be a drama queen then I can be too.

Time for a little show.

YES! You go girl.

----

We bought a lot of other things. I don't usually wear dresses because they look good on me.

If you look in something, wear it rarely so people don't get used to your beauty.

On our way back, she introduced me to a lot of people. Their pack is very lively. Lucy called Luke to pick up our bags. She's so bossy.

He mutter something under his breath but helped us anyways.

"You both shouldn't be left alone in a shop." He said as he dwaddled with us.

"Where's Theo, Luke?" I asked him.

"Oh, he must be looking after his broken heart after we joked that you don't want to meet with him."

"What?" I glared at him.

"Sorry. But we just having fun and he took it so seriously. You should have seen his face. He looked like a lost puppy. 'Did she said that herself?' it was so funny". He doubled over with his laughter and tripped on a stone.

I rubbed my forehead. How he'll take care of his mate?

Another man came towards us and helped Luke getting up. He was tall with black hair. He looked at me and passed a long smile. "Hey. Didn't saw you here before. I am Drake."

I was just about to introduce myself when Lucy came in between. "Drake, she's Alpha's mate. Zuri."

His eyes widened a bit and then he kept looking at my face. "No mark yet. I guess the alpha is stupid to miss something like that."

I kept my growl inside my throat. He called my mate stupid ?

"We'll take care of it ourselves." I said. He kept staring at me like a dumb fool.

"I guess we are lucky to have our luna this sparkling." He said as he stared at my hair.

Luke and Lucy glared at him. What am I getting myself into?

----