19.

Zuri-

The walk to his room was stressful. He was radiating anger. I swear it's his wolf. Alpha sentiments. I've seen a lot because of my dad.

As the tension fills the room, I walk up to him. His breaths were deep and heavy. I gently place my hand on his arm.

With a soft smile, I say, "you know, when you get all jealous like this, it's kinda cute. Like a storm I can't resist."

A hint of sudden smile appeared on his face. But he composed himself immediately.

Sad that I can't see him smile openly.

"Don't." He said. "Don't try to charm me, okay? I'm angry at that wolf." He growled at the end.

I sighed and dropped my hands, dramatically. "That was nothing. He tried to flirt with me but couldn't. And at least someone approached me on their own." I kept my voice low. "Unlike you." I muttered.

I saw his eyes changing colours. The deep brown now looked lighter, softer. He starts tapping his leg, clearly feeling guilty. "I know that and I need to apologise. Zuri, I'm truly sorry. I know I messed up everything since day one."

I fidget with my fingers and look down. "It's my fault as well. I should be more open to you."

Theo takes a deep breath. He changes his expressions every second, it's difficult to read him so fast. Like right now, his jaw was set but his eyes said something else.

He looked angry but not on me. On himself.

"You did nothing wrong. I am sorry for not listening to you when you needed me the most. I should have understood your situation. Zuri, I am not man who'll ever force you for something so I held back. But now I think, I should have asked you what you wanted from me."

I'm having mixed feelings about this. He's guilty for not coming to me first. But I didn't, either. Ever since he said he won't accept me, all I did was stay away from him. I know I'm lacking something huge.

His guarded stare must've seen the insecurities in my eyes. He held me close. All I did was look at his gorgeous face. The spark still there since he touched me first.

"Theo." I gulped. "It's okay. As long as we are ready to accept eachother."

"You never had any expectations from me, Zuri. I'm the one who was not ready to accept you. I'm not as smart as I look when it comes to this kind of stuff, you know." He rubbed his neck.

Oh right. He's as clean as a whistle.

I gave him a reassuring smile that says 'I don't care as long as you are with me.' I'm kinda happy he had no one in his life. Am I selfish?

"I judged your abilities without knowing you first."

My smile dropped. "You still don't know me." I said.

Chances are that he'll hate us. I don't expect anything from him. But we can't keep it from him now.

I know it's time.

"Theo-" I don't know how to start this. "I want to tell you something. About myself. It's weighing on me for a really long time and I can't keep it from you."

"Go ahead. I'm listening." He said and smiled. Fucking smiled. A smile that said you can tell me anything. A smile that meant I believe in you. A smile that promises he'll be there for me.

"You must have noticed not many of my pack members like me, right?" I asked. I'll start from the safe side. I'll tell him everything from the beginning. Everything that I know of. Because I know it's more.

My story isn't complete yet.

His blinked twice before answering. "Yes. Especially Ari. I've heard her."

I gulped. Here goes nothing.

"You know they call me a witch as well. You heard her." I saw his face shift. He didn't expected it coming. He looked confused and curious and cautious all at once.

"Keep talking." He said calmly. But he was everything but calm right now.

Fuck this.

"I'm not a witch, let me clarify that already." His shoulders relaxed on that. Did he actually thought I was a witch?

"I'm... Cursed. By a witch."

He took a deep breath. A flicker of fear crossed his face. His body tensed up and he shifted uncomfortably in his seat.

This, is what I feared the most. His distant reaction.

I went on, not caring what he'll think about me after knowing everything.

"I was cursed when I was born. My mom was pregnant when that war between witches and werewolves was going on. Your father-" I hesitated. It's a sore topic for him. "Your father was under the influence of a witch. That's what I've heard from my parents. He died when I was born"

He noded in approval. I kept going on.

"That day was the last day of war. The witches were nearly dead. Expect one. The packs got to know about her when she took me with her."

He sucked a sharp breath.

"I was just few hours old when she took me to the volcano. She was weak and dying so... She took my powers to stay alive. She put a curse on me so I won't get my powers back. I have them partially. But I'm not complete with them."

He looked confused again. "But I've seen you fight in your training ground. You are an amazing fighter. I've seen you managing your pack as well when the earthquakes occured. What do you mean she took your powers and put a curse?"

"Not those powers. I've trained since very young. I'm one of the best fighter in my pack. She took my wolf powers."

"What do you mean by that?" He asked. Suddenly, I could find the right words. I'm scared and lonely all of a sudden. His arms were still lingering around me. His heat made me feel safe when we started talking. Now I am not sure.

He's waiting, Zuri.

I need to tell him.

"I can't shift."

----