Chapter 5

Onyx's POV
"You make Onyx do your homework?"

Busted.

Mom caught you.

"No! She offers!"

"Nyx?"

I shook my head.

"You little bitch!"

She lunged at me. Bradley held her back. She was taken out of my room and Buckley closed my bedroom door. He locked it then walked up to me. He sat down in front of me again.

I was starting to cry. He cupped my right cheek. I nuzzled into his hand. He pulled me into his lap and into a straddle.

"Have I ever said...how beautiful you are?"

"I-I'm not."

"You are though."

"I hate myself though."

I started crying more. He lifted my head up. He leaned in and slowly started kissing me.

What's happening???

Is my best friend really...

Kissing me right now?!

I've always felt like...

Me and Buckley are closer than Ava and Bradley are. He always asks me if I'm okay when I don't seem like it. He can easily point it out. I'm not sure how he does it.

What the fuck is happening?

He put his hands on my hips then pulled me closer to him. Someone knock on my bedroom door.

"Yo! Let's go! Mom wants us home!"

He kept kissing me while he stood up.

"I'll teach you how to love yourself."

"No you won't. That's impossible."

He lifted my head up using his index finger.

"Watch me."

He didn't say anything else. He just walked out of my room.

"Watch me."?

What does that mean?

He can't get me to love myself.

I'll never be able to...

I'm unlovable...

I've always been insecure about myself. You would be too if you were me.

I want to be loved.

I never will be loved.

I'm unloveable.

That's just my reality.

That's how my life is.

Ava didn't talk to me for the rest of the day. The next day, I was able to force myself to go to school. Bradley and Buckley live down the street from us so they started to walk with us.

Me and Buckley talked like nothing happened. Everything was normal between us.

He tasted pretty good too. If I had the confidence, I'd definitely kiss him again. I really would.

Something popped into my head.

"You say "We're just friends." But friends don't know the way you taste."

That lyric played in my head for hours.

Wait...

Do I like Buck?

Do I?

That'd probably explain everything.

I've always thought that Buckley was cute. I know...I don't have a chance with him though.

I got home and saw that most of the snacks, Buckley got me were missing. I barely had anything left. I found Ava. She was eating a bag of my chips while drinking one of my sodas. There were candy wrappers all over the couch.

"Ava? Can you please stop taking my things? I-I need those. My period's been horrible. Those make me feel better.

"Let's see...no."

"What?"

"I found them so they're mine now."

"Buck got those for me though."

"And?"

"Please stop taking my things!" I said as my voice cracked.

Ava stood up and walked up to me. She grabbed my shirt and pulled me closer to her.

"I'm the older sister. I take what I want. You don't deserve anything."