Chapter 7

Buckley's POV
I like Onyx. I have a thing for her. I want to tell her but I just haven't. I've just never found the right time...I guess?

I'm serious about loving her hair though. I hate Georgina. I always have. She's always been a fucking bitch.

"Buck! There you are!"

Ava jumped out of the pool and ran up to me.

"You coming in?"

"No. I'm gonna chill with Nyx."

"Oh don't be like that!"

"I want to chill with her. I don't like that she's inside all alone while everyone is out here."

Ava threw her hands up.

"Alright. Fine. You do you. It's more fun out here though."

I turned around and started walking back inside.

Okay.

We're alone.

Nobody's watching.

I'm gonna tell her now and ask her out.

I think....

She'll say "Yes"

I walked into the living room and found Onyx. She was watching something on tv.

"Okay. I'm back."

I sat down next to her.

"Alright. I've got something that I've never gotten around to saying."

"Is it a good thing?"

"I think it is."

"Okay."

"I like you. More than a friend."

"I like you too! You know how I am...I didn't want you to reject me since you're literally my best friend. So can we go do something then? Not right now. I uh...kinda should stay here."

I moved closer to her then wrapped one of my arms around her. I cupped her right cheek.

Her skin's so soft.

Holy shit.

She's a bit cold too.

That makes sense.

She's never liked the heat.

Onyx and the heat have never been friends. Ever since we were kids, she's hated it. We live in Florida so the heat never really goes away. She loves the cold. She loves snow. She's only seen it a few times though.

Her face gets extremely red when she's been in the heat too long. She doesn't like to have her hair up. I've only seen it up during gym and when she's at amusement parks.

I was inches away from kissing her when I heard an annoying voice.

GODDAMNIT GINA!

WRONG TIMING!

THAT WAS A FUCKING GOOD OPPORTUNITY TO FUCKING KISS HER!!

WE WERE ALONE!

WE WERE HAVING A GOOD CONVERSATION!!!

I immediately started getting pissed.

Should I still do it?

I really fucking want to fucking kiss her.

Maybe...

I'm not supposed to do it here.

Shit!

It would've made her happy too!

"Did I interrupt something?"

"Yeah. Yeah. You fucking did."

"Jesus...sorry. I was coming to try to get you to go in the pool."

"I told you...I'm not going in the damn pool. I'm find in here with my girlfriend so just leave me alone."

"Your girlfriend?! I-is he fucking with me? A-are you actually his girlfriend?"

Onyx slowly nodded.

"Since when?!"

"Since 15 minutes ago."

"Oh....my....god! You were about to kiss her weren't you?!"

"Yeah. I was. You ruined the moment."