11. {axe murderer crain}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"you got rope?" john b questioned from the passenger seat.

marella had begged the boy to let her drive his vehicle and he surprisingly agreed, not wanting to be the designated driver all the time. what he didn't know is that she couldn't drive legally and if they were to get pulled over it would've been a complete shit show.

"got it."

"grappling hook?"

pope rolled his eyes. "we don't have grappling hook. we're not batman."

"pulley?"

"check."

"dark clothes?" he continued.

"got it."

"flashlights?"

"check." jj nodded.

the brunette boy smiled. "all right, good. we're ready."

"lets go get rich, guys." jj announced as marella prepared to park the minivan.

she impulsively pressed on the brake, jolting the whole car. everyone in the back had shifted forward, jj even managing to slam his head on the back of her seat.

the girl turned the engine off and meekly turned around. "sorry."

"remind me to never get in a car you're driving." kie groaned, pulling the door open.

"let's go boys." sarah smiled, stepping out.

"and girls." kie added, pointing to herself and marella.

"river, hold on." jj spoke, making stop in her tracks.

she turned around. "what's up?"

"here." the boy reached into his pocket and pulled out a black bandaner. he gently reached round her neck and tied it underneath her hair. as he did so, the girl glanced up and was staring into his blue eyes.

jj repeatedly glanced between her eyes and her neck, feeling slightly nervous at her soft but alluring gaze. he cleared his throat and pulled his arms back.

"extra security." he shrugged.

"thanks." marella nodded.

kie had been watching the interaction from beside the others, they were continuing a conversation while her eyes were drawn to the duo.

"okay guys, let's go." pope commanded.

"let's roll." jj agreed.

"wait, wait i wanna say thank you, guys." john b spoke up. "seriously. it means a lot to me that you're here tonight."

"always." kie smiled at him.

pope chuckled softly. "of course, man."

"my man." john b grinned, pulling him in for a handshake.