12. {his calm before the storm}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"hello my beautiful current and soon to be kooks!" marella exclaimed, her arms open as wide as her smile. the girl was slowly warming up to the pogues and sarah was happy her friend could be her real self around them, rather than her previous closed-off and reserved self.

"marella!" kie smiled, pulling open the twinkie's door.

the girl climbed into the vehicle, taking a seat in the back beside jj. john b learnt his lesson after last night and was not willing to let her drive for a while.

"how was your shift?" sarah questioned from the front seat.

"long, boring. just a typical morning shift." the girl yawned as jj lifted his middle fingers to the hotel. she pushed his arms down, taking offence to his gesture.

"here." pope handed her the travel mug of iced coffee he made her, this time caramel-flavoured.

"i look forward to this everyday." she sighed in satisfaction, taking a sip of it. "can i see the gold you guys melted?" marella asked.

"of course." pope nodded, reaching over to the gold wrapped up in cloth as john b began to drive away from the hotel.

"just be warned, i did not melt it down." jj put his hands up in defence. "you'd know if i did because it would be perfect. i took a welding class."

"again with this bullshit?" kie groaned.

"guys, come on." john b sighed, looking at the new figure through the rearview mirror. "they had this exact argument earlier."

marella chuckled, slowly unwrapping the cloth as if it was a gift she was being forced to open on her birthday. she stared at it in awe, holding back her laughter at how terrible it was melted. "how much are they taking it for?"

"seventy thousand." kie grinned.

"really?!" marella gasped. "i guess your pawning skills are as sharp as you say they are, maybank."

"have i ever lied to you, river?" jj questioned.

"never." she jokingly shook her head. "where are we headed?"

"the pawn shop lady gave us directions to a resurrection drive." kie explained.

"so may questions." jj noticed, now facing the girl. "what happened to do first, ask questions later?"

IT'S ONLY RIGHT; outer banks On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara