Chapter Seven. His 'Girlfriend', Apparently

Enjoy! This is the first time I wrote in Jason's POV... It'll be kinda hard to guess his personality just now but as more chapters unfold, it will become easier. 

Jason's POV: 

 "Dude, I so won this round!" 

 "You wish." 

 There was a slight pause, and Brian frantically started pressing the buttons on the game controller, "Aw, shit." 

 We were at my house, playing the new game I'd downloaded just yesterday. 

 It was a match Brian and I had been planning for ages ever since the game had been released. 

 My parents were out at work, my sisters both somewhere I didn't know, so it was just the three of us. The three being me, Brian, and Terrence. 

 But unfortunately for him, I had checked it out this morning so that I could have a closer chance of winning. Which was nothing to be guilty of, since I knew he'd have done the same thing if he was the one who had downloaded it. 

 And seriously, the dude was a horrible player to begin with. 

 I rolled my eyes as my character easily dodged his ones' punches, "Brian, this is getting boring." 

 "Stop wounding my ego, Rodriguez. I swear I'm gonna win this round." 

 Despite his words, he failed in another attempt to kill me. 

 Knowing that there was a very low chance in which he could succeed, I glanced quickly at Terrence, who was leaning on the arm of the couch in a very uncomfortable way; how he managed to stay that way for over forty minutes, I had no idea. He was scrolling down his phone lazily, his face showing no emotion even then. But somehow, even with all of that, he was handsome. 

 And no, I wasn't gay. 

 "Ha!" Shouted Brian, and I turned my attention back to the game. He'd somehow managed to earn fifty points, but to my relief, I was still thirty ahead of him. 

 "Only a minute left until the round ends, Brian," I reminded him, "You're never going to win." 

 Brian pouted, "We'll see." 

 "So," Terrence spoke up for the first time since we got here, making both Brian and me jump. 

 Fourty seconds... 

 "So what?" I asked, while dodging another kick from Brian, then throwing a punch myself. 

 Thirty seconds... 

 "I have a girlfriend," Terrence said casually, still not looking up from his phone. 

 "WHAT?" I dropped my game controller, but I didn't care, as I turned my head towards his direction so fastly that my neck did that cracking thing. 

 "I have a girlfriend," he repeated simply, but before I could answer, Brian whooped. 

 "Hell yeah!" 

 I turned back to the game, just in time to see the final countdown. 

 To my utter disbelief, Brian had won. 

 But I had more serious things to think about. 

 I looked at Terrence, "You have a girlfriend? Seriously?" 

 Next to me, Brian laughed, his voice an octave higher from whooping and laughing after winning the game, "Dude, he's just kidding. He probably just did it to help me win." 

 I bit back a few swear words as Terrence snorted, "Yeah, whatever." Despite the fact that his eyes were covered by his hair, I knew he was rolling his eyes. 

 I knew that he wasn't a guy to joke about these stuff. 

 "Besides, he said it himself that he wasn't going to date after Isa-" 

 "What's her name?" I asked, half curiously and half trying to stop him from finishing what he was saying. 

 There was a slight pause, "Emilia." 

 "The Danvers girl? You're serious?" Brian asked, suddenly confused, "Isn't she the girl that you-" 

 "Yeah, her." 

 But something was wrong. Terrence, the Terrence I had known ever since I was born, was someone who'd date a girl when he was sure he was in love, without the slightest doubt. He'd used to light up every time he heard his girlfriend's name. But when he talked about Emilia Danvers, his whole demeanor was the same, maybe even reluctant. 

 "You do like her, right?" I couldn't help but ask. 

 Brian, as I predicted, frowned, "What kind of fucking question is that?" 

 But Terrence smiled slightly, "Yeah, I do." 

 Although I wasn't convinced, I decided to drop it. 

 After all, time solves all. 

 Brian kept asking questions about Emilia, but Terrence ignored him. 

 After a few minutes of boring silence, I finally asked Brian, "Rematch?" 

 "What? No." 

 I couldn't believe my ears, "What do you mean no? It wasn't a fair game, I was distracted!" 

 "Concentrating is also a skill, Jason." 

 "Shut up, Brian," I rose from the floor, "It's getting too hot in here." 

 I walked towards the window and opened it, breathing in the fresh cold air. I looked at the house in front of us. The owner of the grand house was an elderly woman, whom I had liked ever since I was young because she'd give me cookies every time I saw her. 

 When I looked outside the window and to her house, I normally saw the elder walking in her yard, or reading a book or sometimes even feeding her cat inside the house. 

 But this time, I thought I saw a green haired girl kneeling in front of an empty chair, a chair the woman always sat on. And if what I guessed was true, she seemed to be crying. 

Aaahhhhhh... end of Chapter Seven, thank you all once again for reading this story! 

I'd appreciate it if you commented and voted!