i. seating charts

𝐍𝐎𝐁𝐎𝐃𝐘 𝐆𝐄𝐓𝐒 𝐌𝐄
athena's pov.

❝ 🕰️💸🍸🍨🕊️ ❞

"SETTLE DOWN, please. You guys are too damn rowdy..." my teacher mumbles, which somehow works to quiet down our talkative history class. "Oh, good. You all are receiving a seating chart since you can't seem to stop talking in the seats that you chose.

A seating chart? Ill just befriend whoever I'm next to and I'll continue to talk... but I can see why he'd switch our seats, we do tend to talk a lot.

Funnily enough, our classroom had split itself down the middle. Girls sit on the left side, and boys sit on the left. It was completely our own doing, since we chose our own seats and I guess everyone decided sitting with their own gender was a little less scary then sitting in a sea of the opposite gender. I know I don't wanna sit in a giant group of boys... I may be an extrovert, but big groups of boys? No thank you.

He projects the seating chart up on the board, and everyone shuffles around finger to their seat. When I get to mine, I see the boy I'm seated next to. I'm on the left edge of our row, so he's the only person who sits next to me, and he's on my right. After getting my desk situated, I smile excitedly at him.

He's wearing some beige pants that are rather baggy with a UCLA sweatshirt, and he's got headphones on. He's got semi-messy brown hair, and his freckles go well with his green-ish eyes. I wonder if he's going to UCLA or if it's just a style choice. He doesn't look bad.

"Hi! I'm Athena." I say happily, and he looks at me from the corner of his eye, looking over my outfit before nodding his head once at me. My smile falters a little. Maybe he just doesn't wanna talk.

"Are you a junior too?" I ask, still smiling at him. "I'm a junior, if you didn't gather that already."

"Senior." He mutters, not taking off his headphones.

Okay, then... not very talkative. I'll keep that in mind.

"What's your name?" I question, turning to fully face him now.

He doesn't give me much of his attention, not even bothering to answer my question. I puff out a sigh in annoyance of the boy not giving me his attention. I'm not asking a lot, I just wanna know his name.

"Hello? You gonna answer me?" I snap my fingers at him.

He gives me a slightly annoyed look. "I'm Brady."

I smile when he answers me. "Brady— wait, are you the one that plays volleyball? I heard you're really good!"

He nods. "I am."

Cocky much, but alright. I mean, my friend said he's going D1, so I guess he is good at volleyball.

"So, how—"

He takes off one ear of his headphones, looking me up and down once with a straight face before sighing.

"Damn, you're still not done yapping? I'm tryna listen to music, can you like... save the questions?" He mutters, and I stop my sentence short.

My smile falls off my face completely, and I nod. I should've assumed he didn't want to talk. He has headphones on, it was stupid to assume he'd wanna talk.