xviii. mistakes.

𝐍𝐎𝐁𝐎𝐃𝐘 𝐆𝐄𝐓𝐒 𝐌𝐄
athena's pov.

❝ 🕰️💸🍸🍨🕊️ ❞

I IMMEDIATELY regretted kissing Ethan right after I did it, especially when I saw Brady storm out of the cafeteria.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck." I curse under my breath. "Thanks for your help, Ethan, but it wasn't a good idea. I'll see you later."

"Don't worry, I understand. Good luck." Ethan says softly, watching as I hurry in the direction that Brady just ran to.

Connor stops me, though. "Athena, don't. He's really upset, and I don't want him to say something he doesn't mean."

"No, I have to find him. I went too far, Connor. I don't want him to hate me." I say desperately, and he still doesn't let me go. "Please, Connor."

"Connor, let her go. She's gotta find Brady." Cleo says sternly, and Connor reluctantly lets go of me.

I push past him, running out of the cafeteria, finding Brady down the hallway.

"Brady!" I shout, and he doesn't look at me. "Brady, I'm sorry."

He doesn't answer, staring down at the ground.

"Brady—" I start, but he slams his hand on the locker.

"What the fuck, Athena? You want Ethan now? I fuck up once and suddenly you're over me? How does that work?!" He shouts, and I flinch slightly.

"No, I was being dumb. I— I don't like Ethan. I still have feelings for you, Brady. Please, I'm so sorry."

He runs a hand through his hair, leaning against the lockers behind him and looking up at the ceiling as he slows his breathing.

"I know I hurt you, but damn, angel. You really pulled that shit? Knowing I have feelings for you? You kissed my teammate? My friend?" He spits, sounding angry.

"It was a mistake, I'm so sorry. I went too far, I know. I'm sorry, B." I beg, but he still won't look me in my eyes.

"Do you understand how much that hurt? Seeing you kiss Ethan?" He whispers. "I felt like my heart was being ripped out of my chest, Athena. Why would you do that?"

I'm such an awful person. How could I do that? Making him sweat did not mean kissing his friend, how stupid am I? What if I can't get him to forgive me before he leaves? Is that it for is?

"I— I don't know, Brady... it was Cleo's idea, and—" I begin to tear up. "Please, I'm sorry."

"Don't try to push this off on Cleo. She may be a bitch to me, but she wouldn't suggest something like that." He mumbles. "She may have said something along the lines of making me feel awful, but she wouldn't tell you to kiss my friend."

"I— well, you're right. I just— I don't know why that's what I chose. It was dumb and I regret it." I say quickly, reaching for his hand, but he takes a step back.

"Please don't. I won't be able to resist you if you get close to me. I'm not ready to forgive you, but I will if you infiltrate my thoughts." He shakes his head at me.