19. Cheers

Name: Cheers
Word count: 1600
Published on: 25th April, 2024

|•|

Leap of 6 months

"Aren't you guys done yet?"  Nandini's irritation was clear enough from her extra sweet voice.

"Well, just few minutes more Nandi, then you'll be a free bird again." Shahid said putting up the paper ribbons and decorating her room with Ansh and Soha.

"Where the hell is Manik?" Ansh whispered to Soha who was now scrolling through her phone relaxing herself while the boys blew the balloons.

"He must be getting the cake over and some stuffs I asked him to bring along. I'll be back in a few—  it's him" Standing up she went downstairs attending the call and planning the surprise.

It's been almost an year now all of them are gonna study in 10th grade, studies are still piled up but with them all together everything gets easiers. It's Nandini's 15th birthday day today and it's only Soha who knows about birthday gift that Nandini have been always asking for. Her childhood friend and ex- boyfriend or boyfriend no one can depict that since every time while they have exams, or other things both just can't go through it and breakups are just easy for them to have now.

"You got the cake and her gifts right?" Soha asked excited to start with her plan already.

"Yeah I've got all of it done and also the driver is right outside the house right now or wait let me check— oh he is there go for it I'm on my way." Manik replied to her while checking the location of the Ola driver and putting the things inside the Scooty.

"Damn! Thanks I'll be there in an hour or so please handle her till then-"

"Why me! And why an hour? Damn she is gonna kill me, is she throwing a fit already?"

"Yeah she might be, you just come asap I'm leaving now orelse I'll get more late. Bye!" Hurrying up Soha rushed inside the cab sharing the otp that Manik had forwarded her before.

"MANIK! GET THIS SHIT OUT OF MY EYES ORELSE YOU WONT BE ABLE TO GET YOUR ASS DOWN FOR MONTHS!" Nandini screamed to Manik while he was decorating the table placing ribbons on the sides and balloons on it.

"Do you want me to shut your mouth using duct tape darling?" Threatning her he continued doing his work hearing her murmuring some curses.

"Atleast let me go yar, I'll stay shut inside a room for good!" Nandini suggested only to get declined by Alya who had just approached long with Krish taking care of the birthday girl's outfit.

"You've no idea how much I walked today!" Huffing Krish sat beside Manik who just nodded in return.

"Are you even listening! Oye?" Pushing Manik's hand he asked cribbing. Due to the push Manik fell on ground with a thump pulling Nandini down as well , with her chair.

"Ahh!" Nandini screamed rubbing her forhead with shoulder as both her hands were tied.

"Oops sorry!" Stiffing a laughter Krish said

"Sorry ke bachhe-" Nandini was about to scream at him when Alya took her hand pulled her and pushed her inside a room.

"What the fuck are you doing?!" Shocked Nandini exclaimed asking to the person who can't be seen by her blind folded eyes.