21. It's a Slow Processs

Name: It's a Slow Process
Word count: 1600
Published on: 4th May, 2023

|•|

A R Y A M A N

Father and doctor both had told me about this before and they were clear that I'm healing then why now, All of a sudden?

Unknown to myself that it's been growing inside of me since 4 years now which I've got to know not until last year.

But I was happy that it can be cured and there is no risk but now even after being partially cured- which they had said to us before, now all I hear is I've not much time.

"Aru, my baby" I felt my mother engulfing me in a warm hug while my mind was busy playing the lines of doctor on a repeat mode.

"I- I can't believe this! Are you hearing yourself before speaking it out loud!" Father screamed on top of his voice after a long silence.

The doctor instead just stood there in silencs while others in the room with their head hung low.

"I'm changing the hospital, and the doctor you all are of no use!"

"Sir try to understand it has been spread inside throughout we have to atleast try to treat him in other ways-" The doctor's words halt as Bhushan uncle barged in panting and with wide eyes, I hope Nandini doesn't know about this.

"How could you not tell me about this big thing Arsh!" Uncle asked sitting on the chair and I just listened the conversation happening inside the room, which just declared that my end is near.

"Bhushi, we all were shocked about this when we got to know last year, the doctor had confirmed, it's not that serious and Aryaman was also recovering when when all of a sudden he had high fever and we had to rush to hospital." Father said holding his head between his hands.

"I can't believe that my teenager son and only child is having cancer." I closed my eyes in pain as a tear drop slipped out of my eyes.

Brain cancer
Stage 3
Reaching brain steam from cerebellum

Second last stage of brain cancer that's where I am and when I could see myself going well and good after a shitty year I had to hear this.

"Dad?" I asked building up courage.

"How much- how much time do I have?" I felt a lump in my throat as I uttered those words. My dreams, the lists of things that I wanna do, my family, friends, Nandini everyone it's gonna be the last time I would meet them someday. 'Someday' which is near these days now.

N A N D I N I

Why did he never told me about this?

After confessing his feelings and our intimate encounters too, he never thaught that I've a right to know this? Why, and why you? Why us? Why me! I was crying my eyes out when I felt someone patting my back and engulfing me in a warm hug.

I looked up after calming down to find mumma giving me a soft smile caressing my face.

"What is he doing?" I muttered hugging her close to me.