Freedom

The sound of screams and the smell of iron invaded my senses. Just then one of my guards came down holding the key to my cell. I grabbed the bars of the cell, they were cold like they always were.
"What's going on?" I asked him as he unlocked the door.
He said nothing and opened the door dragging me out. I was too weak to fight him and even if I could I don't know that I would.
"Please tell me what's going on? I tried again. This time I got an answer.
"Attack on camp we're leaving," he told me dragging me outside.
It was the first time I had been outside in months, they only let me out when we moved camps. It was night, the stars were out, I had never seen anything more beautiful. But the beauty of the night was ruined by the sight of bodies. The men who had help me captive for all those years, just slaughtered.
"Scream and I'll slit your throat." Was whispered in my ear as another pair of hands grabbed me.
It didn't take a genius to figure out he was another one of my captors. We walked and we almost escaped into the forest but when I felt the man next to me's grip fall I knew we had been found. I felt something wet on my skin as the other man's grip faltered. It was warm, and the smell of iron grew stronger. I looked down, it was my greatest mistake. Both the men were split in half, a clean cut, I had never seen anything like it. They were dead. I screamed. That was a bad idea. The camp was set ablaze in flames. I saw them, the army, the ones who killed them all. One of them was in blue kefta with orange and red embroidery. I had stories of the grisha from the guards, they told me I was one. A healer nonetheless, the only time I ever did anything was when they needed me to heal someone. My powers weren't as strong as they could be a quite frankly I was grateful, my powers scared me.
All my life I had been called a freak, a monster, a witch... And so that's what I knew myself as.
"Who are you?" The one holding the flames asked glaring at me.
I didn't say anything, I didn't know what to say, I had almost forgotten my own name. I turned around and looked at the men behind me on the floor. Maybe I could find a weapon on one of them. No, that wouldn't work, what could one girl do against an army of grisha.
"Aurora," I whispered.
"Paulina you're terrifying the girl, let me handle this." The woman in a blue kefta with silver embroidery said.
She slowly approached me holding her hands up telling me she wasn't a danger, but I had seen that before. She was lying.
"I'm Zoya, can you tell me your name."
"Aurora," I said a little louder this time.
"Okay, Hi Aurora we're are members of the second army, we're here to free you and your friends."
I knew she meant the other grisha they kept here but they were to late the rest had either died of starvation or were killed for disobedience.
"There's no one left," I told her panicking as she grew closer.
"Ivan, clam her down." A cool voice spoke from behind the girl named Zoya.
After he said that I could feel my heart beating slower and my body getting heavier.
"We won't hurt you, I promise."
It was the last thing I heard before blacking out.