3. Stiles is Spiraling

Photo Made with Mage.Space

November 26th, 1983
2:19 AM

Stilinski House, Hawkins, Indiana

   Stiles wasn't sleeping again. He didn't want to have another nightmare. It was all so real, too real. So, instead, he was in his room on the desk, working on an old sketch of his. He was making a comic for the Hellfire Club of one of their old campaigns for Christmas. Yes, this was probably way too handmade and thoughtful for the group, but he was just that kind of friend.

   He flinched when he heard a knock on the window and gasped when he saw Steve up there. He ran and opened the door to scold him, but Steve covered his mouth.

   "Please just let me talk," Steve was tearing up. Stiles widened his eyes. "Please, your friends have made it hell for me to get to you."

   "Okay, fine. Just get inside. You're scaring me," Stiles said. He saw Steve staring, followed his gaze, and gulped quickly, covering his chest.

   "Shit, I am so sorry. The last thing I ever wanted to do was violate you," Steve hugged him. "You were just making me feel like I was seeing stuff and was crazy, and it made me crazy. I am so sorry."

   "Okay, okay, you're making me feel bad now," Stiles said, hugging back. "You just scared me... I don't want anyone to know about this. I understand people trying to make you think you're crazy," Stiles said.

   Stiles could tell Steve was genuine in this apology. He would have to tell the Hellfire Club to back off. Besides, Steve probably wouldn't try to talk to him publicly now that he has apologized.

   "Don't ever climb on my roof again. That was so dangerous."

   "I wouldn't have, but I have just noticed your room light being on for three days, and I finally got the nerve to come up here." Steve told him as they sat on his bed, "Do you sleep with the light on? I remember you always had your room super dark."

   "Im not sleeping," Stiles said.

   "You're... not sleeping?" Steve raised an eyebrow, "Like... you can't sleep?"

   "No, I am not sleeping ever again," Stiles furrowed his eyebrows.

   "Why?" Steve asked with a concerned face.

   "I... I don't know, I keep having these night terrors," Stiles looks down at his feet. And don't say it's just a dream or something... it feels so real," Stiles crosses his arms.

   "It's okay, I believe you," Steve said, and Stiles raised an eyebrow. "Can you tell me about the nightmare?"

   "It's stupid..." Stiles said, and Steve touched his back, "I-it doesn't feel like a nightmare. It feels like a repressed memory."

   "I have had those..." Steve said, and Stiles knit his brows together, "You can tell me I won't judge you."