Darcy & Chester Final Part

Darcy's POV:

I missed him. Chester. I realised there was more to him then I ever noticed. He is my best friend, but now I want to be more.

I always knew Chester liked me. I didn't ever really think about if I liked him back. I was dating Conner after all.

Chester was grounded for weeks. The last time I heard of him was at the principal's office.

It took all my might not to go in there and scream at the principal for shouting at Chester.

Conner deserved it, but I didn't encourage it.

I figured enough was enough and I wanted to go see Chester.

———-

At school, I walked up to Chester's group of friends. They were all sitting in the cafeteria, talking about the fight.

'Hi!' I said sweetly and Tyler, Chester's older brother, looked down at me.

'Hey, trouble,' he said with his usual smirk, 'whats up? Hear about the fight that happened?'

'Yeah I did, I was there. But thats not why i'm here,' I said with a small sigh at the start.

'Oh yeah?' He says confused, 'talk to me.'

'Is there any possible way that I could have your address? I really miss Chester and I was just...'

'Have it. I'll text you it,' Tyler says as he takes a bite of his sandwich, 'he talks about you a lot. It will do him good to have you around.'

I smiled lovingly and thanked him about 5 times.

'Sooo, you his girlfriend or what?' Tyler says with a small laugh, 'is it official?'

'Not his girlfriend, I like him, though,' I said with a pathetic smile.

'I'm sure you'll be dating by tomorrow,' he said with a smirk as the bell rang, 'got to go to lesson. See you, trouble.'

'Bye!' I said softly as he walked off with his friends.

———

I knocked on the front door. I knew Chester was the only one home because his family had gone to watch Tyler's hockey game.

He answered the door and his eyes widened.

'Darcy!' He said hugging me and burying his face into my shoulder. He wrapped his strong arms around my lower back and I closed my eyes.

'I missed you,' I whispered softly and snuggled into him.

'I missed you more,' he said as he gently pulled away and looked me in the eyes, 'I think you know how I feel.'

I blushed slightly, slowly nodding my head.

'And I hope the feelings are mutual,' he says with honest eyes.

'They are,' I said softly as I slowly leaned in.

I kissed him softly and as I thought he would, he kissed me back. I could tell he didn't want to stop because his grip tightened on me, but I gently pulled away to say whats been on my mind.

'I love you,' I say, catching my breath.

I see his eyes light up as he says, 'I love you too, Darcy.'

I couldn't contain my smile as I hugged him so tight he could pop.

'I'm so sorry I waited so long,' I said as I buried my face into his hoodie, 'you're the sweetest boy I know.'

He pulled away to kiss my cheek, 'you mean it?'

'I mean it,' I said, running my fingers through his hair and admiring his idiot smile and dimples.

'Hey, uh... out of curiosity, did you ever actually like Conner?' Chester asked, looking at me with a look that wants me to say, 'no I liked you the whole time,' but that wasn't true.

'Yeah,' I said with a small sigh, 'he played me like he does with every other girl. He charms them until they give him what he wants, which is usually something sexual.'

'You know I will never make you do anything you don't want to,' Chester says sweetly, looking at me with pure love in his eyes as he caressed my cheek.

I was so mad at myself for not realising that Chester had always been the one, not Conner.

'I know, love,' I said as I pecked his lips, 'but I better go home before your parents come back.'

I saw the disappointment in his eyes for a split second before he softened his expression and smiled warmly.

'Bye, Darcy,' he said as he kissed me passionately.

He kissed better than Conner by far. Conner tasted like beer all the time, kissing Chester just felt right.

I kissed him close before we both pulled back.

'Bye,' I said as I hugged him tight. I eventually got back in my car and went home, feeling happy as ever that I knew for sure he loved me, and I loved him.