NINE

"Why do you want to forget me, Donghyuck?", asked a familiar voice behind the younger man. Donghyuck shook his head and droop it down to look at the green grass.

"I don't know Jae but, like, I feel like I should forget about him", they all looked at the man who had just arrived behind Donghyuck and his face seemed to be indescribable. The man squatted down, so he could level his face with Donghyuck, who was sitting on the chair.

"Donghyuck", his voice was soft when he called the younger man. The said man slowly raised his head to look at the man who called him. His face says it all, he was happy but his face was mixed with pain when he saw the man's face.

"MARK!", he excitedly called the man's name while cupping his face.

"I thought you were on a two day business trip?", he asked hugging him and the older man let him do it. Their other four friends stood up and decided to leave.

"Mark. Talk about your problems thoroughly, even though I know it will be difficult for you to talk to a drunk Donghyuck so, I'll just pray for you", Jaemin said with a laugh and Mark just nodded. They were about to leave when Taeyong suddenly stopped.

"Mark, please don't ever hurt Donghyuck. He's too precious for us and just seeing him cry over even the smallest thing hurts us too. So please, if you can't even reciprocate his feelings for you, just stop and leave him", he reminded the young man and left.

They left Donghyuck with Mark in front of Jaemin's house but, it seemed that the younger man had fallen asleep so Mark decided to carry him in his arms and went to where he slept before when they slept over at Jaemin's house.

When Mark laid Donghyuck on the bed, he first changed his shirt and sweatpants and went to the kitchen to get warm water and a clean face towel and went to Donghyuck again to wipe him. Ever since he saw the younger man cry like that the last time they met because of him, he promised himself that he would never hurt him again. He felt so bad that, the person who always presented a cheerful facade in front of him every day was crying because of the mixed signals he was showing the younger man.

He sees Donghyuck every day, but why doesn't he get tired of his beauty and perfect face? Taeyong was right, Donghyuck is too precious.

When Mark laid Donghyuck on the bed, he first changed his shirt and sweatpants and went to the kitchen to get warm water and a clean face towel and went to Donghyuck again to wipe him. Ever since he saw the younger man cry like that the last time they met because of him, he promised himself that he would never hurt him again. He felt so bad that, the person who always presented a cheerful facade in front of him every day was crying because of the mixed signals he was showing the younger man.

He sees Donghyuck every day, but why doesn't he get tired of his beauty and perfect face? Taeyong was right, Donghyuck is too precious.

While Mark was watching Donghyuck, there was a sudden knock at the door. And when the door opened, it revealed Taeyong and Jaemin.

"How is he?", Taeyong asked and finally entered the bedroom and went to the sleeping Donghyuck and sat next to him.

"What did I tell you, Mark. You should have at least cleared everything up with Donghyuck first before you moved and pursued him? I told you the last time you all came here, that he had never been in a relationship before, right?", Jaemin said angrily to Mark and looked like he was going to punch him.

"I was about to, Jae but, that night, and when Ellie introduced herself to him. It was all fucked up", he explained to Jaemin's angry aura.

Jaemin ran his fingers through his hair because of the frustrations he feels with Mark.

"No. No, Mark. Those are not enough reasons, Mark, to hurt Donghyuck. There were too many chances and days passed to confess your feelings to Donghyuck. Many days passed for you to clarify your feelings for him, but what did you do? You chose to keep quiet and give our friend mixed signals. You're probably the worst person I've ever met", he added and looked at his sleeping friend.

"Mark. On that faithful day, it was his parents' death anniversary.", Taeyong's voice was just loud enough when he said that to make Jaemin stop. The news made Mark's spine shiver and his eyes widened

"Because he was so busy with both school and work, he couldn't visit their grave, but even though he was tired, he chose to go with you for dinner because he knew he would enjoy being with you and seeing you smile. But even though Ellie said that she's your girlfriend, why didn't you even follow Donghyuck? What if something bad happened to him that night and neither of us knew why it happened? What if he went to his parents' grave in the middle of the night? I was thinking a lot at that time. I wanted to go to his apartment because I was afraid he would do something that would hurt himself and I would never forgive myself me if that happens", the oldest of them, Taeyong, spoke. He was crying while holding Donghyuck's hand.

"Jaemin and I are the only family he has Mark and I consider him more than a younger brother. We won't force you to do whatever you decide to do but I, I hope, take care of him please. I can't lose Donghyuck, Mark", he sobbed as he looked at Donghyuck's sad face even when he was sleeping.

Mark let out a deep breath at Taeyong's words and tightened his grip on his own hands.

"Jaemin, Taeyong. To tell you guys honestly, when I first saw Donghyuck at the coffee shop, I knew I was attracted to him. His smile and even his aura were very positive", Mark explained with a smile as he remembered the day that they first met.

"And when we all slept over here, I actually talked to him, just a small talk actually because we both couldn't sleep. His voice was so good to listen to especially when he was singing. So after that I decided to get his number and will call him when he's going to or coming home from school or his work", Jaemin and Taeyong were just listening to Mark's story, and they didn't plan to disturb him.

"I got the chance to see his cute side during the days and nights when I pick him up, even though she doesn't like the idea of me picking him up, because he said he might disturb me at my work. What he doesn't know is that I'm so happy when I do things for him. Those are the time that I fell for him. And the night when I went to his apartment because he didn't answer my calls and messages, that night when he confessed his feelings to me, I fell for him even more. I want to protect him from the bad things happening in the world and give him everything he wants. I love Donghyuck, and I will do everything to have him."