Chapter 21: Boom Clap, The Sound Of My Heart

Chapter 21
Mickey 'Mike' Hollister
Boom Clap, The Sound Of My Heart

There's a disgusting feeling that is swarming inside my stomach, to the point that I want to vomit and let out of what I have eaten, which were cheese and cakes and ice creams. I had brought Brad with me and enjoyed every moment with him. I thought he would like to have a treat. He did. He enjoyed as we strolled around the park, watching other kids play with their kites or friends. We had a deal though. Brad said he doesn't have any friends. Only at school. So I suggested that I would be his best friend. We would be best of friends.

My limbs go numb as I watch the sight in front of me. I hope Brad would take long enough to get out of the car because he accidentally spilled his Skittles and is trying to gather it all. Eros' eyes meet mine and they widen in shock as he sees me mouth agape at them. What to do?

It looks like I'm ready to spill the disgusting thing inside my stomach so I bolt out of the living room and head upstairs to my room, and I feel like I'm being suffocated, so I just carelessly open the bathroom, and it makes a loud, booming sound as it hits the tiled wall, run over the toilet, kneel down, and vomit. It tastes sour as it connects with my taste buds and I grimace. I let out all the foods I have eaten. I feel sick. When I saw Eros kissing another woman, I felt a sharp pang on my heart. It was like it was being stomped by him, torturing me as the woman kissed him passionately. It seemed like he was enjoying it, until he saw me, which made her push the woman off of him, and he 'accidentally' touched her breasts.

My room's door bursts open and makes a loud bang which rings in my ears, and it hurts my ears, and I do a little jump, not expecting it to happen.

Eros rushes on my side and rubs my back with his soft palm. I look up at him and see his eyes are looking directly right at me, and he has a worried expression plastered on his face. Then the image of the woman kissing him full on the lips has made me vomit again, so I snap my head to the toilet bowl and release the foods that taste awful on my taste buds. He rubs my back more softly this time. And then he speaks.
"I'm sorry," he whispers, his hand stops rubbing my back.

I want to ask him some questions. Like, who is the girl? Why was she kissing him? Why is she in our house? What is she doing here? Who is her in Eros' life? Those questions can only be answered by Eros, whose face is hung low, like he's ashamed of what happened, like he's guilty or something. Well, he should be. He is toying with my feelings and all. How dare he! The woman was all over him. There's no denying that Eros loved it. I want to punch him hard square in the face, but I know I can't do that.

"For what?" I spat out. It's not like we're lovers or something, aren't we?

I mean, I know I have a 'thing' for him, which I consider not good for me, since he's a guy and I'm guy and we all know it's not going to work. I guess I'm still a kid, and he acts like a kid, so that's why we're caught up in this mess.

"The one you saw back there in the living room," he reasons, almost panicking and shaking as he looks at me with worried eyes, "it's not what it looks like," that's so cliche. "She kissed me as you went inside the living room."

"Who is that girl anyway?" I snap at him. The only thing I want to do right now is rip off the girl's head and feed it to the deadly piranhas like in the Piranhas 3D movie. Obviously, jealousy is coursing through my body, making my nostrils flare as I remember the girl kissing my Eros. My fucking Eros. "And why is she here? Did you let her in? Would you love to fuck her?" I grit my teeth. He grits his teeth, too.

And it looks like the volcano is about to erupt as Eros gives me a glare. I don't mind if we're in front of the toilet, having a heated argument.

"That girl is my ex-girlfriend who happened to be Brad's fucking mother," he says angrily to me and my eyes widen. Now that he mentioned it, I did see something of her features that resemble Brad. Her eyes resemble Brad's. Her lips resemble Brad's. She's like, somehow, the older, female version of Brad.
But still, it's too much to handle. This information is a big bomb to me, having it to be dropped in front of me and it exploded, and it hurts. What if she takes Brad away? What if she does something bad to Brad or to Eros? What if... what if... what if she decided to take Eros and Brad away from me? Is it possible to happen? The possible things that could happen are running in my mind, replaying and replaying all over again until I get dizzy. Eros puts a hand on my shoulder and presses it lightly. I think he's giving me a massage or something because the tension has been going out of my body by the slight movements of his fingers caressing my shoulder. But even if his fingers are touching my skin, I can't take my mind off of the girl. What if the questions running inside my head would happen? Inevitable?