Chapter Five

It was a new day, but not only a new day, today we have a day off. I was happy to have one, because we all needed to do our laundry done, but I also hated days off. While everyone enjoyed their days off, I mostly hated them because it meant the guys getting drunk, and bugging him. Well mostly Cody bugging him. I did however like when the members from New Years Day would come and drink with us, Ash was actually inspirational, she had been helping me work on my vocals away from the guys, none of them knew I liked to sing, or even that I could.

                “Hey!” Ash called out.

                I smiled, “Ash, what’s up?”

                “I just wanted to know if you wanted to work on vocals today?” she asked.

                “You must be here to see Cody?” I countered, she shrugged, “I’m not stupid.”

                She laughed, “You know we’re just friends, right?”

                “You keep telling yourself that, but everyone sees otherwise.” I replied.

                “Well, I see him as a friend. I don’t know about him, but I know for me he’s a friend.” She stated.

                I laughed, “I don’t really care, and you know this Ash. I’m not a fan of his.”

                “I still don’t understand why, he’s a great guy.” She replied.

                “To you, not to me.” I pointed out.

                She smiled, “Because he likes you.”

                “Ew, no. Why?” I asked, she started to laugh and I wanted to so badly punch her. I don’t understand why she would say something so horrific; Cody Carson is the last guy I want to like me. “No, seriously, why’d you say that? Does he really? Gross!”

                “Because he does, he’d never admit it to you, but he has to me.” She said, still laughing.

                 I stood up from where I was sitting outside of the bandwagon, and walked away. I could hear her following me. But I really didn’t want to talk anymore. Why on earth did she have to tell me that Cody, of all people likes me? Why couldn’t she of said Austin? I mean, I think he does, he kissed me. But that was nearly a week ago. We’d hardly spoke since.

                How long had I been walking? It felt like forever, when I turned around I could just barely see the bandwagon. I felt I had walked far enough away, when I decided to sit down on the grass. I fell back into the grass, and just stared up at the clouds above me.

                I had to really thinking about the day Austin had kissed me. I mean why did he do it, had he never meant it? I mean, I had felt something. Or maybe I didn’t. What am I talking about, it had felt amazing, feeling his lips against mind they were so moist, passionate, and inviting. I couldn’t stop myself from pushing on for more. I couldn’t even tell you how long him and I had kissed that night, or had we kissed more than once? What is happening to me? I’m turning into a girl I don’t even know anymore, I’ve never cared about boys before, why now? I mean it could quiet possibly be, because Austin is drop dead gorgeous, tall, tan, and handsome. Wow, I sound clique.

                “Hey!” I heard someone call out, “Are you sleeping or staring at the clouds?”

                “I’m dead.” I replied.