|3|» chapter three.

Aliza

Aliza

I glanced into my glass mirror, lathering my face with a facemask I did nearly every morning. I rubbed it in with my clean fingers, opening every pore that I could. I begin to hear Mitzi squeaky barks and the ringing of the doorbell followed.

I tightened my robe and exited the bathroom. I got to the door, watching as Mitzi growled towards it and sniffed underneath.

"Okay girl, move so I can open it." I said calmly. She looked up at me and her tongue fell to the side of her mouth as she wagged her tail. I shook my head, slightly pushing her with my foot, to the side.

"Who is it?" I asked then looked through the peephole.

"Biarritz breakfast!" The bellhop announced all while I undid the locks. "Good morning Mrs. Aliza." He spoke, tipping his hat.

I sighed, stepping back as he rolled the cart of the delicious aroma smelling food into the middle of my studio penthouse apartment.

"Gosh Clark, way to go to make me feel old again." I said. He chuckled and stationed the cart steady then stood straight.

"You know how it is Ali." I nodded as he looked me down then cleared his throat once his eyes came back up to mine. "Well. Enjoy your breakfast."

He trotted to the door as Mitzi tried to follow him. I grabbed her quickly, thanked him, and sat her down before returning to my bathroom.

To keep from eating cold food, yuck, I hurriedly finished my morning skin cleansing routine then moisturize my skin with lotion. I got dressed in my usual office attire and did my hair up in a bun wrapped with a braid.

The small barks of Mitzi got my attention yet again as I went into the foyer of the apartment. She twirled around with her toy inside her mouth, enjoying her time alone.

I removed the metal lids and uncovered the food then sat it up on the table. I went to the kitchen, grabbing Mitzi's bowl and filled it with her Cesar's rosemary chicken flavored dog food.

I sat it on the table across from me and far away from my food. I washed my hands thoroughly, drying them with a soft paper towel and sat among my food.

"Alright Mitz, play time's over. Come and eat." I announced in a sing song way. I heard her scatter over as I stabbed eggs onto my fork, shoving it into my mouth. She climbed into the chair and looked at me, over at my food.