Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Alice's POV

The past few days have been filled with training, more training, and even more training. The rouges were gathering up courage. One group managed to step onto my territory, run a few steps in, and run off. True, they didn't manage to succeed in anything, but the fact that they were brave enough to cross the border was enough to worry Alpha William and me.

Alpha William's pack was training hard and gaining strength. To be honest though, no matter how much they try, they will never beat my elite group. It was made up of six people: Star, Andrew, me, Mark, Tyars, and Erda. Mark, Tyars, and Erda were our top three warriors, so they were included in the special training we received. As Alpha and Betas, Star, Andrew, and I took part in all kinds of out-of-territory training. The training was optional, but I was eager to learn more. We were out for months, and my Third ofter sent reports about small rouge groups that wandered into our territory. They were stopped, questioned, then most likely released.

During our training, we studied the signs that showed whether they were on defense or offense. A minor detail, but important when unsure of whether or not to attack. The six of us often came out on top in team attacks. We already knew the others' weaknesses, so we were sure to cover them in their physical weak spots. As for their fatal flaw, it was something we couldn't always cover, but we tried. Star and Andrew knew their fatal flaw was their love for each other and their friends, so they often stayed side-by-side, back-to-back.

Stealth was an important part of being able to start or end fights. It was one way to make sure a battle went the way you wanted it to. Patience was also included in the month-long training. It would be your downfall if you were to rush out onto the battlefield without any knowledge of where you are or how the other teams' strategies are. Honestly, it would take forever to list them all, so I'll just stop there.

Because the two packs were working so hard and learning so fast, we often gave them days with only a few hours of training. On these days, William brought me on 'dates'. They weren't really dates, but close enough. He brought me to the fair, parks, the movies, and any other cliché dating areas you can name. He has been really sweet and stuff, but I'm still deciding on whether or not to accept him as my mate yet.

As Alphas, Alpha William and I sat at the head of the table centered in the meeting room.

"As you all know, the rouges have become braver. Even brave enough to cross onto the territory." I called out. Everyone present at the meeting nodded. "I have called you all here to discuss a plan of defense."

When Selina raised her hand to question why we don't just attack, I growled at her. "We do not attack unless we are given a reason to. We are a peaceful pack. We don't attack on offense when or if we are attacked. We stay on defense until we are given a reason to eliminate the other offensive team. If you wish to attack without reason and to go ahead to fight on offense, you are welcome to. Just to warn you, if you choose that path, not one member of my pack will support you. You will be on your own."

I glared at her with pure hatred. She flipped her hair over her shoulder and walked away. I rolled my eyes. Fine. Just know that when she's attacked, no one will stand behind her. I sighed and went back to the current problem.

-after the meeting-

We established a defense plan, an offensive plan, and a backup plan for both.

I stalked back to the pack house. Apparently, I was misinformed and a rouge was able to have a sneak peak at our last meeting a few days ago. It was a meeting for only the Alphas, Betas, and Thirds. We basically just exchanged information. Luckily, nothing important was mentioned.

As I arrived back in my room, I saw a piece of paper resting on my bed. I picked it up and unfolded it.

'Meet me at our first 'date' area.' It read. I assumed it was Alpha William, as he had left notes like this very often.

I quickly dressed warmly and headed out towards the cliff. As I arrived, I started searching for any sign of William.

After a few searches, I gave up and waited for him to show himself. I sat down on a rock along the side of the underbrush. I heard a rustle of leaves but assumed it was a small forest animal in hiding. Yeah. I know. Stupid me.

I was wrong and shortly after, a cloth wrapped around my mouth. I struggled for a little bit before the chloroform started at take effect. My body was slowly fading into darkness and my consciousness slipping away. The last thing that was on my mind was that I hope that both packs and William were safe.

Unknown POV

I quickly wrote a note and dropped it on her bed. To be sure that she believed it was from her mate William, I had studied his handwriting. I could recognize a few minor mistakes, but luckily, she seemed to not notice. With my eyes not leaving her retreating figure, I silently treaded behind her.

I followed her silently, making sure to cover my scent carefully. She looked around for William, but gave up after a while. I waited to make sure that she wasn't aware of me before I wrapped a wet towel around her face. She struggled quite a bit before the effects started to take place. Her body fell limp in my arms as I dragged her away. With Alice out of the equation, both the packs will fall. And I will rule.