Original Chapter: 23

Alice's POV

I was heartbroken to see their sad faces. Selene (that was the moon goddess's name right?) had told me a long time ago. She had planned it all out. I promised not to tell anyone because I knew they would only try to prevent it from happening.

I needed to personally hand over the alpha title to Star because I technically was a spirit that could become visible so I could still be alpha in the eyes of the council.

William's face broke me the most though. Even though he didn't say it, I knew he would've committed suicide. I knew that if your mate died, you would no longer have a reason to live. So I made my dying wish. That he lived on. I knew that his wolf would honor that wish and take over if he ever though about killing himself.

His time would come though. In exactly 15 years, he will be killed in an unexpected rouge attack.

I know this sounds mean, but I can't tell him because I want his time to come. It isn't like I hate him. It's quite the opposite. It's that when he dies, he will become a spirit and immortal like me.

I watched over them and made sure that not too much harm came to my loved ones. I guided them when they were troubled and when they called on me, even if it is just to talk, I always answered.

William has honored my 'dying' wish. I think his wolf forced him to, but oh well, as long as he's alive. He is happy knowing that I can still visit him, but sad that I can't be 'alive' with him. He didn't choose a new luna. Some sluts have been trying to get into his pants, but he declined everyone. And those sluts who harassed him got a special punishment from their very goddess-in-training.

When William passes away, he will join me and I will officially take the moon goddess title. The current moon goddess and her mate rule in the kingdom in the clouds.

Maybe this moon goddess thing is a bigger deal than I though. And maybe, with William by my side in the future, I will almost be as good of a goddess as Selene was.