Original Chapter: 21

Alice's POV

I stepped near the guest house and immediately, the scent of dry leaves, the scent of rouges, filled the air. The smell was overpowering so either there were a lot or some had powerful genes. Walking up to the front door, I knocked hesitantly. As soon as my hand came into contact with the door, it swung open. A middle aged woman stood in front of me, a distressed expression stared back at me.

"Thank goodness your here!" she exclaimed. I stood there confused for a second, before she sighed. "Come, we have a problem, and to explain it to you, you might want to sit down."

I followed her into the house and to the living room, keeping my guard up at all times. She sat down on a love seat and I sat across from her in a single armchair.

Tension and worry filled the air.

"Well, you know that we are a pack of rouges asking for assistance." She started. "My name is Alexis. But that's not the point." she shook her head vigorously. "The point is that we aren't rouges because we were kicked out. We escaped. This whole group ran from our old pack. Together we tried to fend off attacks of others and survive. To our old pack, we are the omegas, servants, and slaves. When we ran, they lost everything." 'Sort of like what happened when I left' I thought. i waved a hand for her to continue when she stopped. "A few weeks ago," she started shaking "our old pack, the Black Fire pack, found our hideout. They raided us, looted us of anything valuable, and then threatened us. They took our children!" by now she was sobbing. "They kidnapped our children and threatened us! Help up! Please! We don't know what to do!" Alexis managed to sob out before she collapses on the ground, bawling and whimpering.

I started at her with sympathy. "Alexis, calm down. In order for me to help you, you must tell me what threat they posed and what they want in return."

She breathed in shakily and stood up, still unstable. Alexis reached towards the end table for support before speaking again. "They threatened to kill all the children, ranging from 0-14 years old. They told is that they want you to surrender to them. The Black Fire pack demanded that you meet them at the dock at 7:26 PM on Friday. The said no one else, just you. Until then, they have our babies and kids as hostages!" She collapsed on the floor once more, breaking into more sobs.

As she broke down, I went over my options.

1. Go to the dock on Friday and hope they keep their word.

2. Go to the dock, but try to mask the scent of pack members to accompany me and risk the children's deaths.

3. Send out a search team to retrieve the children, and risk deaths.

4. Ignore this plea for help.

5. Negotiate with the Black Fire pack.

Options four was definitely out. No matter the situation, I never reject someone's plea for help. Number five was my first choice, but I doubted that they would willingly negotiate with me. It's worth a try though. If that doesn't work, I'm going to try option 1. I know I am put at risk if I do that, so I have to be quick and alert at all times.

I patted Alexis on the shoulder. "Get better my friend. I'll try my best to help you get your pups back."

I walked back to my office, ready for my plan to start.

----------------------------------

I held the phone up to my ear and waited for someone to pick up.

"Beta David from the Black Fire pack. What is your business?" He stated formally.

"Um, yes. This is Alpha Wildmer from the Lunar Nightstar pack and I was wondering if we could negotiate terms on the hostage pups I hear you currently have." I could practically hear the smirk as he spoke through the line.

"Please wait a moment for me to get the alpha." He rushed out.

"Thank you"

"Alpha Matt here."

"Yes, Alpha Matt, I was wondering what you plan to do with those pups you currently have. And may I ask why you have threatened these rouges?"

"Ahhhh, so you've heard. Well, let's start with why did they leave. We never abused them, we housed them, gave them food and water, and we cared for them. But why did they run? they're known for their criminal records. I grew fond I these children. I could never kill them. But those rouges, they ate them for survival. All the rouges in that group do not have a mate with them. Thy are all separated from their mates. They went crazy and started a mass murder within our territory. I'd advise you to rid them of your pack immediately."

"Thank you for your time. I will think over this information you have provided."

"Anytime."

I hung up the phone and started at it. Criminal records. Children as food. Mass murder. These words stood out to me. I know why someone would hide this, but to lie and ask for help. I doubt anyone would help a murderer.

I shook my head and headed towards the guest house. I swung open the door and Alexis sat in the same exact place she was in when I left her.

"So, I called Alpha Matt..." I started. She snarled at his name. "He said you were murderers and that you ate your own children. Is this true?" I watched her reaction very carefully. A change in her posture and voice could determine lies from truths.

She snarled at me once more. "You'll never find out." I caught on and was about to defend myself when I felt a sting in my neck. I turned slightly to see a plant being held there. My eyes widened. "Aconitum. Isn't if beautiful. Unfortunately, the more powerful your wolf is, the most sensitive it is to this." She smirked. "The death of an alpha like you equals the death of thousands of packs. I knew that tons of packs around the world call you and ask for advice. I know that you have combined with hundreds of packs. I know all this. And when they know that you are dead, they will fall too."

The Aconitum burned. I could feel myself getting weaker and weaker. The leaves were held against my skin and it was slowly killing me. One leave I could stand, but that was until she noticed me resisting. Alexis nodded to another wolf and he brought out five more leaves. Once they came into contact with my skin, I screamed an ear piercing scream of pain. Tears rolled down my cheeks and Alexis seemed to be enjoying my pain.

"Why?" I manage to get out before I fainted. Right as my heart beat slowed to a stop, the door swung open.

'I'm sorry, William.' I used my last energy to mind link him before my heart stopped.