Chapter 37 - Timothy and Hettie

That moment when you burst out crying in your room & you realize that no one knows how unhappy you are.
--------------------------------------------

Kayleigh's POV

   Tatum and Sean both turned around. "Daddy!" Tatum said, running to the man.

Sean sat down. "Daddy, come pick me up." He said.

I laughed.

"I see you made it." Timothy said, looking at me.

I nodded. "Here I am." I said.

Tatum giggled. "You're funny." She said.

"Thank you." I said.

Timothy laughed. "Hettie, why don't you show Kayleigh to her room?" He asked.

   Hattie nodded. "Follow me." She said.

   I followed her down a hall.

   "This is Tatum's room." Hettie said, opening a door.

   I peeked into a totally lavender room that was decorated to the max, and looked very girlie.

   Hettie laughed. "Tatum is only a girlie-girl when it comes to colors." She said.

   "Otherwise, she loves sports, games and pretty much whatever her father is into." She added.

   "Well, I can understand why." I said. "No offense to you, but you know, she's always had a mother."

   Hettie nodded and moved on to the next room. "This is Sean's room. He, like Tatum, much prefers Timothy." She said.

   I smiled, peeking into the room that was painted a nice royal blue, with sports posters on the wall.

   Hettie smiled. "And, your room is right across from Tatum's." She said, leading me to a room.

   I opened the door, and peaked inside. "Oh Hettie." I gasped.

   The room was painted a soft white, with pink curtains. My name was on the wall in a curvy black font.

   I turned around and hugged Hettie.

   Hettie hugged me back.

   I pulled away and sat down on the bed. "So. How is everything?" I asked.

   Hettie giggled and sat next to me. "You do realize we just met like less than an hour ago?" She asked.

   I smiled. "You act as if we haven't been texting back and forth for the last year and a half." I said.

   Hettie shrugged. "I'll take it. Well, marriage is something new, and now I have two kids!" She said.

   I laughed. "Well, now you have a nanny." I said.

   Hettie smiled. "That I do. And I'm sure you'll be great." She said.

   I sighed. "I hope so." I said.

   Timothy knocked on the door before entering the room.

   "Do you like it?" He asked, gesturing to the room.

   "I love it. Thanks so much." I said, getting up and hugging him.

   "Kayleigh, you're welcome." Timothy said.

   "Yeah. I'm lucky I made it here." I said.

   "Finally." Hettie added.

   "Yeah." I said.

   "So, is Jack with Jennie tonight?" Timothy asked.

   I looked at him. "Jennie? She left Jack right after..." I shook my head, willing myself to stop thinking about that.

Timothy and Hettie looked at each other.

   "Well, we should let you get settled." Hettie said, standing up.

   I smiled. "Thanks." I said.

   Hettie smiled. "It's no problem Kayleigh." She said, putting her arm around Timothy.

   "Our bedroom is just down the hall. And there's a bathroom right beside this room." Timothy said, then he and Hettie left the room, closing the door behind them.