Chapter 42

I wasn't planning on uploading but holy shuzzah!!!! This story is officially #1 in Historical Fiction!!!! You know what makes a depression better!!! This! This is what makes a depressed state of mind go away!!! Oh my god! Thank you so much guys! Like really! Thank you! I love you guys so much! I'm so happy! Oh my god!

        8 years ago

        8 years ago...

      Jellal opened the chamber doors. Under his orders, the chamber was kept empty and unoccupied. Everything was as she had kept, as if Nadiya had never left the room. The dust settled on the surfaces, her absent fragrance told another story.

     He walked to the windows to open them. He winced as he stepped on something sharp. Picking it up, he walked to the window opening it. Under the light, he saw her anklet that he had gifted her. Another rush of memories followed and he pocketed the jewellery. He snapped the window shut and walked out of the chamber and never walked inside it again.

***

       A year ago...

        It was like any other normal day for her. If  normalcy meant living like a lifeless corpse in the eternal freezing hell of the mountain pass. If that wasn't bad enough, the lewd glances cast her way were. She barely ate but they forced her to eat, they threatened they would hurt Ada if she did not eat regularly.

       It all started on a hot stuffy day when she was inside a palanquin. She fanned her face as sweat trickled down her forehead and neck. Her clothes were already drenched in sweat. Her head felt dizzy and she felt deja vu, as if she had been in a hot stuffy palanquin before[*].

        The palanquin was stopped as they were interrupted. Ada was already out of hers and talking to someone. Ruh walked closer to her. She was quiet now, she was reading from a parchment, what seemed to be a letter. She snapped her gaze at the man.

     "Farookh? What are you doing here?" She asked in surprise.

     "I've come to take you, Ruh Begum." He replied.

     "Take me where? I'm not going back to the Agra palace." She said stubbornly, tipping her nose high.

    "Not Agra. Somewhere safe."

"Did Shehnshah send you?"

   "No. But it is for your safety. Your friend here might agree too."

    "Then I'm not going with you. What is this Ada?" She turned to Ada. Ada looked like a deer caught in headlights.

    "I think, you should go with him, Ruh. It's for your own safety."

      "Safe from whom?" She was frustrated. "Tell me the truth! What is going on here?"

     "No. Let me tell her." Ada stopped Farookh.