Chapter 43

You lose something;only after you are made aware of how crucial it was to you, you reminiscence the past and make surreal plans about how you might cherish it, only if you find it again, Jellal thought in his mind

You lose something;only after you are made aware of how crucial it was to you, you reminiscence the past and make surreal plans about how you might cherish it, only if you find it again, Jellal thought in his mind. He had spent months and countless nights staying up thinking about the things he would say to her if he found her. Now that he had, words failed him.

              Salim had left with Ada ahead of them since she needed immediate medical help. Farookh decided to stay for a while to see if anyone else related to the scam would arrive. What about the woman in his embrace? What did she need? He had no idea. He pulled the reins of the horse tighter and adjusted her head which fell limply to his chest, in her arms cuddled tightly, the child too was asleep. Evening fell quicker than he had anticipated and the moon was rising rapidly. They had planned to reach the village at the foot of the mountain by dawn. Two soldiers went ahead bearing iron lanterns to provide as much light as they could.

      He still could not believe that she was there, he had finally found her. He had anticipated their prolonged union to be much more dramatic, showered with embraces and kisses. Reality highly disappointed him, it took him a few hours to get over the shock of the child in her arms. They had not spoken a word ever since, she just managed to take a dragged look at him. They were rushed to travel to village to escape any impending dangers.

        Even when he helped her mount the horse, it only felt awkward on both their parts. As if the time they had spent apart had stretched their level of comforts too. To contradict the fact, he couldn't believe how easily she had fell asleep in his arms. As if she had finally unloaded all her worries unto him, as if she was most comfortable with him. He did not think much of it, maybe she is just tired. He concluded.

         As the sun tip toed the horizon, they found themselves reaching the destination. "Go ahead and find a wet nurse for the," he stopped to correct himself, "for our child quickly." He ordered one of the soldiers. Hearing his voice, she stirred awake. She almost fell from the horse in panic if not for him who held her firmly. She looked at him and visibly relaxed remembering events from yesterday.

       "Ada!" She called unexpectedly, "Where is she?" She looked up at him, her brown eyes widen in worry. He had not known he had forgotten how dark and deceptive her eyes were, only revealing true colours who were close to them. "She's with Salim receiving medical care." He told her certainly not expecting how he thought their first conversation after a year would go.

        "Oh.." He caught guilt flashing in her eyes before she looked away. Hearing all the commotion, the baby in her arms stirred awake blinking open it's tiny eye lids only to brim it with tears. It's tiny lip curled into a pout quivered visibly. Before she could squint her eyes, Jellal caught the glimpse of it's eyes, they were green. Not green like leaves or anything, they were green like jade. And soon enough she let out cries as loud as she could.